SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my Cassis Purple HPT C70 Coupe. I believe it is one out of 100 or so Cassis C70 coupes, making it a pretty rare find.

Paint is in good shape, free of clear coat fading or peeling, but it does have a couple small patches of rust, one on the drivers door, drivers rocker, and some bubbling on the rear quarters. Mechanically the car is in good shape, drives/accelerates/stops smooth as it should, makes full boost from its 2.3l T5 engine, no weird noises etc. ABS+Trac light is on, but it doesn’t affect drivability at all. Car also has a small coolant leak, I have not looked into it but when parked in the driveway after driving/being up to temp for a while, it’ll leak a couple drops. The radio sounds awesome, heat+A/C work as well as the heated seats. Timing belt and water pump were changed at 130k miles, and PCV system passes the glove test.

Open to offers, I planned to daily drive this but with repairs coming up on my V70R I figure it’s best to sell it to have the funds. Asking $2600 OBO.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Probably 140k just guesstimating lol still a sweet car if it had one more pedal in it i'd buy it but I'd change all the interior to charcoal can't stand the tan.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, realized I didn’t update this post, car is sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Someone got themself a nice car! I love Cassis. Wish they sold V70Rs in the US in that color.

Reactions: stomish

·
Registered
716 Posts
Someone got themself a nice car! I love Cassis. Wish they sold V70Rs in the US in that color.
You'll have to check with JaredR, but I think there might have been a few. Can't remember off the top of my if it was Cassis or Nautic that was a special order on a a few.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
You'll have to check with JaredR, but I think there might have been a few. Can't remember off the top of my if it was Cassis or Nautic that was a special order on a a few.
Probably nautic, I know that was a special order color on the R. It was Jared that told me there weren't any Cassis in the US. Maybe one or two in Canada, I can't remember exactly. I don't have any idea where he even finds all that data lol.

·
Registered
16,461 Posts
Probably nautic, I know that was a special order color on the R. It was Jared that told me there weren't any Cassis in the US. Maybe one or two in Canada, I can't remember exactly. I don't have any idea where he even finds all that data lol.
The only one I've ever seen was built for the US market. The generally accepted (but unverified) story is that there were two and one was parted out in Florida. We could never figure out what happened to the other one until I found it in the Netherlands. I'm not sure it ever left Europe as the current owner bought it from someone in Sweden.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Man, that's such an awesome color. It's a real shame they didn't make more. I'd trade my venetian for one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The only one I've ever seen was built for the US market. The generally accepted (but unverified) story is that there were two and one was parted out in Florida. We could never figure out what happened to the other one until I found it in the Netherlands. I'm not sure it ever left Europe as the current owner bought it from someone in Sweden.

View attachment 116047
So weird. I knew there was some interesting story. This picture also never gets old!

·
Registered
16,461 Posts
So weird. I knew there was some interesting story. This picture also never gets old!
Lol seriously. Probably would be my desktop background if I was a "car person." You know you got some good stuff in the frame when you don't even bother to fit in a CY estate and a white 850R....

Glad I went over there the year I did because, the last couple years, the owner of the Cassis and Aqua Rs has brought his Laser Blue S80 and Platinum Edition sedan and estate. Not that I don't want to see a Laser S80 but these two are cooler.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I had 1 purchased used in the same color in NJ. It was totaled by a Lexus version of the Toyota Landcruiser 9 months after I purchased. Young punk that was driving it laughed after seeing all the damage he caused to my car and the car that I was pushed into. His mom shows up yells at me blaming me for causing the accident. Sure I flew all the way to NJ from GA to buy a rare color C70 to intentionally cause a wreck @@

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
2000 Nautic Blue VR. Owned it for a few months.

·
Registered
16,902 Posts

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: I think I had this one for a year .... LOL

What I wouldn't do to relive 2008 -2010 for eternity.

Reactions: 855RI

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
They did sell some and why you could order a bumper prepainted from the factory in that color.
As seen in the above photos of both.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
The long standing story about the Nautic R's is that only 6 or 7 made it to the United States and they were only owned by Volvo corporate employees originally. No idea if that's true. The last one that was for sale on the open market was somewhere around 2016 in North Carolina (?) with a salvage title. Canada, on the other hand has had maybe about 1 per year come up for sale. I would guess they received a few more than the states. I think SB had seen numbers for each color at some point but it was incomplete.

·
Registered
16,461 Posts

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
The long standing story about the Nautic R's is that only 6 or 7 made it to the United States and they were only owned by Volvo corporate employees originally. No idea if that's true. The last one that was for sale on the open market was somewhere around 2016 in North Carolina (?) with a salvage title. Canada, on the other hand has had maybe about 1 per year come up for sale. I would guess they received a few more than the states. I think SB had seen numbers for each color at some point but it was incomplete.
That one in North Carolina was my old one. I sold it to ?? in 2010 to a dude in Charlotte . Drove down and flew home

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That one in North Carolina was my old one. I sold it to ?? in 2010 to a dude in Charlotte . Drove down and flew home
Hmm... I don't think I've seen that car around here, or even listed. I wonder where it ended up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Where do you find all this info out at?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts