SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the radiator in my daughters 1996 850 NA wagon with a nissens unit last summer...It now has leaks from the crimped seams on both sides I don't think I will buy another from them...And wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup, I got about a year and a half out of my Nissens in my 96 850R, outlet side tank leaked at the seems. Can't say that I'm a fan of the Nissens. I only got four years out of the Genuine Volvo radiator in my 98 S70 NA. I would have preferred a "better" brand, but I'm running Spectra Premium units that have lifetime warranties - and if I have to do the job a fourth time, I'm sure I can get it done faster than the first!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct...only took about an hour and a half this time...I do recommend that anyone who does this job have new o rings and the special clips for the AT lines that run to the rad...and spend the extra money for the original volvo clips...the aftermarket ones break real easy.

·
Registered
1995 Volvo 850 Turbo
128 Posts
I'm going to be doing this job over the next few weeks guys. Can you dirrect me to where you purchased your parts and what all I might need to make it happen and how do you get the clips off? Haha glad I came acroos this post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts