SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez...I wish had started a thread outlining the progress of my car over time...but oh well...separate posts will do

Anyhow, I had a fantastic weekend (despite the fact that I came down with a cold now and can barely move...but oh well). So, here are the developments:
- I purchased a sweet set of 18 inch Tenzo rims custom drilled and offset for the R. I was able to get a fantastic deal thanks to a great guy/vendor I met. Hit me up if you're interested and I'll share with you the info. But the wheels are Tenzo TZ.7 18x8 37mm offset, No spacers, Clears Brembos on the R. At 18 inches the wheel weighs 21 lbs, which is much lighter than the peg. The wheels are black, with a machined face.

- Once we were done with having the tires mounted and installed, Darek and I we went over to Pirenzo's friend's house to help Pirenzo (well, Patrick is his name) install his FMIC. As soon as we got there Darek, in his true foreman style, took charge of the job and guided it to the finish line. Custom piping was cut, measured and holes were drilled. At the end Patrick ended up with a nice, clean and CENTERED FMIC! Thanks for the pizza/bagels/donuts/beer Pat!

Anyways...here are some pics...They're all mixed up from the day but you get the idea

All in boxed ready to be installed

Darek also has a new set of wheels - I wont reveal what they are but they are very nice!

Plenty of Caliper clearance

Everyone should buy and install it - a Started Cable cover

I think he paid $300 for this kit

only low 20K miles on this 1995 850R - this is the one that was featured on SwedeSpeed not too long ago. It really looks like it came out of the showroom yesterday - MINT

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Love the look of those wheels! Good to see members helping each other out as well.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Nice project. Is that an 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo or n/a engine in the background? I had a turbo and loved it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Awsome rims but I would like them better if they had a silver lip around.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
the more I look at those wheels the more I start to like them :) agree on the lip also.

How much do you guys charge in labor? I have my PhMIC in my spare room/parts depo that needs an install :D

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Cool thread. You know, you can still start a nice build thread. The post dates won't matter as long as you put all your pictures in chronological order doing one post per project. And explaining everything as you go.

I do have two questions. What/why are you cutting? And what's "a Started Cable cover"?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Cool thread. You know, you can still start a nice build thread. The post dates won't matter as long as you put all your pictures in chronological order doing one post per project. And explaining everything as you go.

I do have two questions. What/why are you cutting? And what's "a Started Cable cover"?
Cutting the A/C fill port for the install of the FMIC core. The Starter Cable" cover is also for the FMIC cause sometimes the tubing will short and rub on the Starter itself.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Nice to see you going away from the pegs, although I also wished that these wheels have the polished/machined lip around the wheel, takes away from the design a bit and makes the wheel look smaller. As for a build thread, go for it, put it all together, I'll help you merge or rename those threads if need be :)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Those wheels should be at least an inch bigger, they look small for some reason.
Such a size queen :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys. And yes for some reason the wheels look bigger and fuller in real life. Can someone perhaps photoshop a machines lip around the rim?

Oh and as much as I'd love to go with 19s the NYC roads will never allow me to do it.

And Alfred - thank you for offering your help - I will look up all my relevant threads and posts and I will be reaching out to you!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks again to Tommy and Darek for the FMIC help. They went easy on the labor charges, just my firstborn child. And yes, it is a kit from CX racing.
I am glad I could help, it was a good day. Thanks for donuts, bagels, pizza and beer.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Thanks guys. And yes for some reason the wheels look bigger and fuller in real life. Can someone perhaps photoshop a machines lip around the rim?

Oh and as much as I'd love to go with 19s the NYC roads will never allow me to do it.

And Alfred - thank you for offering your help - I will look up all my relevant threads and posts and I will be reaching out to you!
Here is a quick Windows Paint job

1 - 20 of 28 Posts