SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find information and price on the Night Vision option, but no luck. Has Volvo decided not to offer it or am I missing it somehow?

·
Registered
108 Posts
there's a heads up display as part of a package and a stand-alone option but I haven't seen any mention of night vision.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I've been trying to find information and price on the Night Vision option, but no luck. Has Volvo decided not to offer it or am I missing it somehow?
Night vision on the new XC90 consists mainly of collision warning with auto brake (CWAB) for vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists in the dark; and it's standard. BLIS also works in the dark, and I suspect lane departure warning and driver alert control will have better performance in low light conditions compared to earlier versions, because they use the same improved camera system as CWAB.

“City Safety is one of the most advanced standard crash prevention offers you can find in a modern car. It now covers vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians in front of the car, day and night,” explains Lotta Jakobsson. “We are now able to cover the whole span from dusk to dawn by a smarter and faster high-sensitive camera combined with advanced exposure control.”

I don't think there will be a night vision display such as BMW's, which is of dubious value.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts