SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,<p>It seems that my old posts on this topic have been wiped out.<br>SO im starting my query again:<p><br>Several Volvo sources(two Volvo reps and one Volvo corporate rep) has informed me that Night Vision for the XC 90 has been concelled indefinately<br>due to their provider of this technology going out of business.<p>Speculators have refusted this on this board and said that RAYTHEON will be providing this for Volvo, but so far noone can substantiate their claims.<p>With that said, I belive this whole fiasco does not look good for Volvo and makes me suspicious about what the real story is. Both Cadillac and Lexus have released a luxury sedan and a competing SUV with full night vision systems and im dissapointed to hear that Volvo(committed to safety) will not be competitive with the XC90!!<p>Volvo had a concept safety vehicle touring the coutry last year with a night vision system on it from Autoliv so I contacted them about Volvo's claims<br>regarding them going out of business. This is what they had to say:<p>-------------------------------------------------------------------<p>Statement by Volvo: "The supplier for the Volvo night vision went out of business"<br>Here is their response from Autoliv:<br>----------------------------------<p>There has to be some kind of misunderstanding, because:<p>1) we are not going out of business. We have never made a loss. Profits are<br>growing, debt falling and cash flow stronger than ever during the last<br>years. What was it that Mark Twain said: The rumor of my death is<br>exaggerated? Seems to be valid in this case too.<p>2) our NV-system has never been intended for the XC90, which should go<br>into production this fall. There hasn't been any chances to have our<br>NV-system ready that early. Volvo will instead use - as far as I understand<br>- the "traditional" NV-system from Raytheon which Cadillac currently uses.<br>We are developing the next generation with, for instance, a miniaturized<br>camera for which have a substantial interest from our customers, because<br>they and we agree with you "this is a great technology"<p>-----------------------------------<p>So what is the real story with this??<p><br>Does Volvo know what it is doing here because all idication lead me to believe that everyone in the company is either Lying or are victims of mass dissorganization(which really gets me nervous about the company and its safety innovations). <p>Anyone have the real story and are able to substantiate with facts and contacts?<p><br>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: NIGHT VISION CANCELLED ON XC90-VERY DISSAPOINTED! (Latoure)

Was the other post on our UBB forums or the Zero Forums. They shoudn't have been deleted. That's kind of wierd. I'll have to look into it.<p>BTW, as far as I can tell, Night Vision has been delayed but not canceled. I'll have to look more into this with Volvo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: NIGHT VISION CANCELLED ON XC90-VERY DISSAPOINTED! ([email protected])

George,<p>All I know is that I posted the Night Vision stuff 2-3 days ago , then the system was down for awhile, and when I accessed again today , the Forum boards looked all different and I could not find my old post.<p>Im new to this site, so bear with me.<p>If Im missing something let me know.<p>L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts