SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to see pictures of the XC40 at night. Especially interested to see how the exterior door handle lights illuminate at night (the lights under the handle bar). Can you please post pictures of your XC40 at night for all to see. Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was never able to confirm that it actually got dark in Norway during my 2 weeks of driving my OSD XC40 this month, so good to see the handles lit up. I sure was not going to stop and check it out in one of the dozens of tunnels in the mountains, especially tunnels with traffic circles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was never able to confirm that it actually got dark in Norway during my 2 weeks of driving my OSD XC40 this month, so good to see the handles lit up. I sure was not going to stop and check it out in one of the dozens of tunnels in the mountains, especially tunnels with traffic circles.

They are not always on! or are they? The lights should only be on during entry/exit .... at least thats what other cars have it programmed as.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
They are not always on! or are they? The lights should only be on during entry/exit .... at least thats what other cars have it programmed as.
It only turns on (in my experience) if I unlock the car with the fob.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When i had my base trim momentum it didn’t have the door handles lit up. i traded it in for another momentum with the vision and premium packages and thats when i saw the handles light up. im in the US.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My phone doesn't take great nighttime pictures, but here's our white R-design all lit up after pressing unlock on the keyfob. I think it looks great in person. It would be cool if you could control the color like you can with the interior mood lighting.

View attachment 53391

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My phone doesn't take great nighttime pictures, but here's our white R-design all lit up after pressing unlock on the keyfob. I think it looks great in person. It would be cool if you could control the color like you can with the interior mood lighting.

View attachment 53391
Can't open attachment .... get a message of invalid attachment

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think someone wanted to see door lights on a white XC40? Mine is crystal white and I like them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Your welcome, my welcome door lights activate when I unlock. They also activate with my headlights on locking if I press my light stalk forwards within 30 seconds of parking to see me to my door as pictured tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts