SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a Niche Targe M130 in a 19x9.5. I'll run 19x8.5 in the front which should not be an issue.
Did a dry fit on the rear. I think it's going to look awesome, this wheel is big and wide. Clears the Brembo's with no spacers needed and looks like the only trouble spot might be the fender liner at the top. I don't think i'll need to roll the fenders, will have to see once i mount a tire. I see plenty of SR's running staggered, but no VR's. I know the handling will suffer, but i'm okay with that.

Tire size will be Super Sports, 265/30 and 235/35.

The only issue i'm facing now is finding a local (SF Bay Area) that will center bore this wheel. Niche only makes the 19x8.5 in a 63.5 hub bore. The rears are supposed to be 72.6 and i was going to run adapters but MHT sent me a custom drilled 63.5 bore. Can't decide to have them send me the correct wheel and run the adapters or keep them and center bore them to 65.1. It will come down to economics on how much center boring a wheel will cost.

·
Registered
488 Posts
They look great. What off-set did you choose ?? I ask as from the photo (photo # 4) the rear looks proud of the fender, and with a tire on it, I wonder if it will fit without at least rolling the fender...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have a 40 offset. The wheel is not sitting flush against the hub as the bore is not drilled yet. It's sitting about 3-5mm outboard. Even so, it's going to be tight. I couldn't quite get the suspension compressed completely to a resting state, but the top of the wheel will tuck a little inboard which should help.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
The wheels are going to look great. Here's a photo of a buddie SR with 19" niche wheels.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
You may have to trim the plastic liner just a hair but by the looks of it I think it will fit withiut rolling because your wheel actually leans in more or technically speaking gets more negative camber as the suspension compresses.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sachio, that will definitely look awesome :thumbup: , can't wait to see them installed.

·
2,521 Posts
They look mad. Ill be looking into wheels soon but didnt know they had to be bored

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may have to trim the plastic liner just a hair but by the looks of it I think it will fit withiut rolling because your wheel actually leans in more or technically speaking gets more negative camber as the suspension compresses.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6
My thoughts exactly. I'm at -1.7 camber so the top of the wheel leans in already.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They look mad. Ill be looking into wheels soon but didnt know they had to be bored
Niche only makes a 19x8.5 with a 63.5 bore. I'm not sure what's going on with the 19x9.5... Niche only makes a 72.6 bore in this size, but for some reason I kept getting a 63.5 shipped to me. I have to bore the front, so I figured I'd bore the rear and not hassle with adapters.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Funds prevent me from doing this all at once so i'm completing the rear for now and will finish up the fronts by the first of the year.
I had the rear wheels drilled to 65.1 and had PSS 265/30/19 mounted. Threw them on the VR, inspected it and took a cautious drive around the 'hood. No rubbing anywhere even at the fender liner up top. Photos below to see this work in progress...

Here is a comparison against stock 235/45/17 on Pegs

Top of the fender liner

Clearance at the Brembo

profile shots

·
Registered
353 Posts
That looks awesome

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like Pegs too! But I always thought the rear would look better with a fatter, wider wheel. When I found out I had two bent pegs, I decided to look for different wheels. I've always wanted to keep the car "looking" OEM as possible but it's getting older and it doesn't matter to me as much anymore.

Now that the rear is mounted I'm super excited at the way they look. Can't wait to get the fronts complete.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay! I completed the fronts for these Niche Targa's. No spacers needed for this set up. i'm happy with the look. Not sure how it handles yet, but the PSS's in 19's have a smoother, softer ride than the 17" Pegs with Potenza RE11A. The RE11A's appear to have a pretty stiff sidewall compared to the PSS.

I had 10mm spacers in the front with the stock pegs and this eliminated the rubbing on the inside and the wheel was flush with the fender. Now with the Niche, the front wheel is flush with the fender, but i'm back to getting rubbing on the inside. It's effectively back to the way it was when it was stock and without spacers.

I also weighed the wheels, Pegs vs. Niche.

Niche Targa with 265/30/19 with PSS: 56.1 lbs
Niche Targa with 235/35/19 with PSS: 49.6 lbs
Stock 17" Pegs with 235/45/17 RE11A: 49.5 lbs

Stock Peg on the left, Niche on the right.

Both Niche wheels side by side - 19x9.5" and 19x8.5"

Profile shots:

Makes the Brembos look small....

Front fender poke:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
looks great! I looked at these wheels before as well, wish they had more aggressive offsets for more concave spokes. Also great that no spacers are involved to get that sort of fender flush.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I like the looks.......a lot:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Looks great! Show us a butt shot so we can see those thick wheels.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts