SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was tooling around youtube and found the following video:

Watch the S60R come to a stop at the line around 1:22. My goodness look at that flex/slop between the body and the wheel, all on a car with under 9K miles.

I might be particularly sensitive to it since I had a GTO and the radius arm bushings were made of Buratta--made for some interesting braking/handling once a little worn.

Odds are most/all of this would be addressed by just the front bushings, but I'm a bit OCD so when I changed earlier this year I did the rears also. Totally worth the install--the car is has razor sharp steering feel, no slop when coming to a stop, rides better, and the bushings should last the life of the car.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Was tooling around youtube and found the following video:

Watch the S60R come to a stop at the line around 1:22. My goodness look at that flex/slop between the body and the wheel, all on a car with under 9K miles.

I might be particularly sensitive to it since I had a GTO and the radius arm bushings were made of Buratta--made for some interesting braking/handling once a little worn.

Odds are most/all of this would be addressed by just the front bushings, but I'm a bit OCD so when I changed earlier this year I did the rears also. Totally worth the install--the car is has razor sharp steering feel, no slop when coming to a stop, rides better, and the bushings should last the life of the car.
I've watched this video a few times and didn't notice. But you're absolutely right. The tire moves like it's attached to the body with jello.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
As we (all ex GTO owners) know, the radius rod bushings are worn out at 8000 miles on those cars.
Some nice Aussie "bushes" all wround and then you have a winner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts