SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find this topic mentioned in a search, so I just wanted to say how nice it was to receive a letter from Volvo's NA president and CEO, John Maloney, congratulating us on the purchase of our 2013 S60 T5 AWD. Of course it was a form letter, but what made it special was a code for a 15% rebate on up to $1,000 in accessories. Combined with the 10% from the dealer, that adds up to a pretty healthy discount. Neither of the manufacturers of our previous vehicles (Audi and Infiniti) offered anything of value like this. (Sorry, but money talks ... ). :thumbup:

Thanks, Volvo. Your points of difference do matter in the marketplace - both before and after the sale. :cool:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I didn't get a letter, but John took my wife and I out to dinner. ;-)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm sorry, but a form letter "congratulating" you on a large purchase with the invitation to purchase more things at a slightly discounted rate is nothing more than marketing. It wouldn't make me feel all that rosy.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Of course it was marketing - good marketing - and in my case a reward, not an incentive. Now I can buy the accessories I was going to buy anyway and save enough to take my wife out to dinner. ;) For another Volvo buyer, it may be an incentive. That's okay.

Besides, tell me any other way I can buy Volvo accessories at 25% off. The greater point is that it was a nice touch and certainly more than Volvo's competitors have done.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Back when I had a Mini (it was an 03, the first BMW Mini) I really liked all the communication from the marketing heads. Of course it was all marketing but it was funny because they send your Mini a birthday card, they send me a birthday card also, they invite you to many events, send you some freebies, etc.

I really loved that "close" brand relationship

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Have you confirmed you would actually get 25% off? I would have expected you to get them at the lower of the two discounts. And how does that compare to the VCOA discount?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First, I order at 10% off from the dealer. Then I submit the receipt for a 15% rebate check from Volvo.

I haven't found any discounts that are higher than this combination, although I'd like to know what dealers offer more than 10%. And unless the discount is substantially higher, I prefer to do business locally.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I didn't get a letter, but John took my wife and I out to dinner. ;-)
Well, his minions in Sweden paid for a night of hotel in Gothenburg :)

·
Registered
13,468 Posts
There is a deal pretty much every Fall on accessories. It's a coupon available at your dealer that gives you $10, $20, $50 (or some amount) off on accessories. Several years ago I bought a set of winter wheels for my R and only paid for three of them as the fourth was paid for by the offer.

Perhaps VCNA has replaced that program with the one that you received.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I also got the same rebate when I registered my 1999 V70 XC for the Volvo Heritage Club. :D Though, not that I've needed it so far...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a deal pretty much every Fall on accessories. It's a coupon available at your dealer that gives you $10, $20, $50 (or some amount) off on accessories. Several years ago I bought a set of winter wheels for my R and only paid for three of them as the fourth was paid for by the offer. Perhaps VCNA has replaced that program with the one that you received.
That rebate program (2012 Summer Accessories Offer) runs through Sept.30 and is open to anyone on a limited number of accessories: http://www.volvocars.com/us/sales-services/sales/offers/Documents/Volvo-Summer-Accessory-Offer-v2.pdf. The one I just received after buying the 2013 is good for 9 months, apparently on any accessories in Volvo's catalogs. (There are no restrictions listed.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts