SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bring my car (XC90 D5) to Volvo dealer for November software update because I was waiting for Apple Car play.
I was surprise to see that now I have new option for heated steering wheel which previously I didn't have and wasn't ordered.
Maybe part no. of steering wheels are the same so by software you can "unlock" new features :).

·
Registered
70 Posts
The question is does the Steering wheel heating actually work? If you don't have a heated steering wheel then it's an option that should not show up.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would be surprised to see that all cars come with the heated steering wheel and only the SW is needed to enable it ... it should be otherwise available as a separated SW option but it is not ...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Last week I bring my car (XC90 D5) to Volvo dealer for November software update because I was waiting for Apple Car play.
I was surprise to see that now I have new option for heated steering wheel which previously I didn't have and wasn't ordered.
Maybe part no. of steering wheels are the same so by software you can "unlock" new features :).
@thinkpad: Does your steering wheel actually heat up when you select this newfound option?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the heated steering wheel in mine and it was added as an option - part of climate pkg. My thought is that the software update erroneously added the function. It is doubtful that OP has a heated steering wheel unless he/she got the climate package. But who knows, it might be possible that someone at the factory goofed and added the wrong steering wheel - then surprise you got a free upgrade.

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the SW upgrade today, and my steering wheel heat control now visible...and yes it works
But I ordered the winter pack, and the heater control was disabled at dealer on delivery, due to software issue.
They could have added the module earlier to correct, but couldn't waste another few hours getting it sorted.
So waited for Nov upgrade to fix it.
Suspect either software my rule last added by my stake on thinkpads car, or he has winter pack or heated wheel fitted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, heating for steering wheel is working. Strange thing is that before SW update I didn't have an option to turn on this feature and after it appeared. Anyway, it's nice surprise.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
So the question is - are there two steering wheels, or three? I've ordered the wood one - which does not have / can't have the heating function.

One wonders if the normal steering wheel (i.e., non-wood) has the heating element ... and its just a software option to turn it on. If that's the case - then everyone gets it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
They did have parts supply issues with early cars, so does not seem too far fetched. That was the reason they shipped all early momentum with 12in instrument panel as standard. Besides it could just be cheaper to make all steering wheels the same instead of handling two different parts. I wonder what else they fit in all cars. Has anybody's t6 turned into t8 after update?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, heating for steering wheel is working. Strange thing is that before SW update I didn't have an option to turn on this feature and after it appeared. Anyway, it's nice surprise.
That's so crazy - I didn't get the climate package but that would be a nice surprise - my Nov update is downloading at the dealer as we speak!

·
Registered
87 Posts
No Easter egg for me. Just picked up my Momentum Plus (July OSD delivery) from the dealer where it was getting "the update". It seems that the Sensus update, CarPlay, etc. were implemented w/out issue, but no heated steering wheel for me. Not sure how much I would use it here in California anyway ;-)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Took delivery on Tuesday. I was using some nano impregnation on the blond interior. While doing that I saw the intake valves under the seat for both driver and passenger side. These are typically needed for ventilated seats. I was not sure why these were included in a momentum. unfortunately i dont think sw update will enable seat ventilation since the seats are not perforated. :)

any other hidden sw delivered nuggets?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts