SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dual exhaust system on the 2000 V70R AWD looks really nice! I wonder if this could somehow be adapted to the new second generation V70 series. I know that the S60 has a polished end pipe, whereas the new V70 just has a plain looking tail pipe.

I think that it looks much better than the S.A.M. single tail pipe.

-Drew

[This message has been edited by InDy (edited 02-21-2001).]

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice Pics.

The dual exhaust looks great... nice clean look! Not like a Honda w/ a pair of "coffee cans" strapped to it's rear!

I have to agree that the SAM pipe looks like leftover ducting from my water heater

I went the low cost route and buffed out my stock pipe with some Simichrome polish. Looks much better now.

-Rob

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to try out that Simichrome polish on my 960. It sounds like that product is a good low cost route that still does a great job!

The S.A.M. tail pipe does not look right for some reason IMHO. The V70R AWD dual exhausts looks great and mean!

-Drew

·
Registered
528 Posts
Semichrome is THE answer. You'll be amazed at what can be accomplished on just about any metal. The longer you spend, the better the result. But even after a couple of minutes, you'll see what can be acheived.

But I agree, I sure wish the tailpipe could make more of a statement beyond "I'm a dull, overlooked consideration on an otherwise high-performance vehicle." This thing looks like what came stock on my $8000 stock Toyota pickup :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, this is one sweet looking butt!

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one finding the dual sport exhaust configuration nice. I was wondering, since I own a 2000 XC, if it is feasible to have the 2000 V70R dual exhaust assy to fit my Cross Country?

I wanted to go the iPD way with its 2.5" mandrel bent piping, however I sorta changed my mind when I saw their selling price for that toy since I have to convert everything to Canadian currency

Anyone went this route and could share their experience with performance (turbo spool), sound at idle and cruising?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.