SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you for sharing. This is very concerning. How does Volvo do in this aspect? Specifically the new xc90? Most of the crash tests I saw before ordering one were either head, side or off road crashes. Nothing from behind.

Can you share your thoughts on how arrived at Volvo having its act together gweempose?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thank you for sharing. This is very concerning. How does Volvo do in this aspect? Specifically the new xc90? Most of the crash tests I saw before ordering one were either head, side or off road crashes. Nothing from behind.

Can you share your thoughts on how arrived at Volvo having its act together gweempose?
Right at the end of the news piece, the reporter specifically mentioned that Mercedes, BMW and Volvo were the only manufacturers with notably strong seats in all of their makes and models.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Wow, unbelievable :mad: :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
This is just heartbreaking. Buy the biggest and safest car you can and leave the rest up to fate. That family is putting their kids in the 3rd row, which btw is a terrible place for kids to be in.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's good to know Volvo is one of the safer ones. But still I think there are any regulations and standards are so out of date in the U.S. You would think someone would be looking at those.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Right at the end of the news piece, the reporter specifically mentioned that Mercedes, BMW and Volvo were the only manufacturers with notably strong seats in all of their makes and models.
Where is...Tesla? :p

·
Registered
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Times change! The 1960s Rover 2000 was widely acclaimed for its safety features, one of which was that both front seat backrests were DESIGNED to collapse backwards in a rear impact to minimize driver and front passenger whiplash.

·
Banned
763 Posts
Thanks for sharing that news story. It was very eye opening. Sounds like Volvo has its act together, but it does make me worry about my Jeep.
Jeep is one of the only automakers left that doesn't include side airbags as a standard feature in every model. There are plenty of things to worry about if you've chosen one.

·
Banned
763 Posts
This is just heartbreaking. Buy the biggest and safest car you can and leave the rest up to fate.
No no no, plenty here were quite sure in a different thread that weight didn't make a difference in vehicle safety.

That family is putting their kids in the 3rd row, which btw is a terrible place for kids to be in.
From what I've read, the 3rd row is statistically as safe (or safer) than the 2nd row, given the fact that most fatal collisions are frontal, followed by side, and followed far, far back by rear-enders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts