SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you guys know I've been a champion of Volvo's OSD. When my big Denali comes off of lease in '08, we are thinking about the next generation XC70 with probably a Thuli rack on top to make up for lost room vs the Denali.
Any idea of when the next gen XC70 will be out? I assume it will have to be here by '09 model year.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: Next generation XC70 & OSD (flybynight)

flybynight.............

Nothing is set in stone as far as a timeline...but the restyled 60/70/XC70 "should" be the next line to get attention after the new S80 comes out later this year/early 07. So my best guess would be fall of 07? as an 08 model.
I have heard that the proposed styling changes are more front end than rear end in nature. It would seem that the radio/ac/cd/center stack, like the current S40, which will be in the new C70 and the new S80, will likely go into ALL the restyled models as they get the makeover. That will create a more opened up dash and more front seat room overall.
This is all conjecture at this point, but I think I am pretty close as far as a general timeframe. Of course, somewhere in the plans is a slight restyle and center stack upgrade for the XC90 as well...so we will see "in what order" Volvo decides to go at it.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »
Well you guys know I've been a champion of Volvo's OSD. When my big Denali comes off of lease in '08, we are thinking about the next generation XC70 with probably a Thuli rack on top to make up for lost room vs the Denali.
Any idea of when the next gen XC70 will be out? I assume it will have to be here by '09 model year.

The next XC70 will be out in about 1.5 years. Based on what people have "seen"
it looks amazing. Much different than the current model.

Yannis

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Next generation XC70 & OSD (GrecianVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

The next XC70 will be out in about 1.5 years. Based on what people have "seen"
it looks amazing. Much different than the current model.

Yannis

So design is pretty much locked in by now.
Well, Volvo has until 2009 until I need a new car!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts

Quote, originally posted by flybynight »

So design is pretty much locked in by now.

Oh yeah!

Quote »

Well, Volvo has until 2009 until I need a new car!

I think you are on the right timetable.

Yannis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.