SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!
Just bought a 2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD ASR about a week ago!
My son is literally about to get his full driver's license and I thought, what better than a Volvo to get him as a first car! Not to worry, he's a great kid and I'm not spoiling him, he paid for half of it... I got a great deal on it while out of town on business and ended up driving it back home and surprising him the next day when he got back from school! He was over the moon!
Anyhow, I am a former Volvo owner as I have owned a 2005 S60 T5, a 2005 XC90 2.5T and a 2006 XC90 V8 (both were 7 passenger). Kept the V8 for about 6 years and I miss it, even though a friend of mine bought it and still has it...
I did work at a Volvo store just over 10 years ago and I truly believe in the product and the brand's values!
I have been enjoying reviewing the forum and getting back in touch with Volvo and their owners. Quite interesting to see how people are maintaining and improving on their Volvos and looking forward to working on the car with my son!
All the best!
Mark

Registered
I think this is the kind of "this thread is worthless without pictures"... kind of thread. Maybe not really, but more to the truth I think pictures wouldn't do it bad to put it like that :D

Glad to hear volvos are being sort of passed on to younger generations. Otherwise it feels like a lot of younger kidz will just reduce the entire brand to "an old man's car". Which is unfortunate if you ask me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts