SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just thought id say hi, I created an account and never used it but will try to use it more.

Have had my S40 mk2 T5 over a year now and absolutely love it! but not the mpg. It is slowly becoming a project car I think but so far have just done stage 1 upgrades

New powerflow exhaust system
K & N Filter
Bilestein coils
remap

volvo moose badge (Thing the sticker gives and extra 5 bhp) :thumbup:

..... just awaiting on a new engine torque mount thing as some people have said some amazing things from it?

anyway looking for suggestions of mods etc and where to go next. Im looking for more bhp without it going boom. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh right haha no way is it a Prius! ... sorry, I will take a few pics later on but these are all I have at the moment.

I have been on the volvo uk forum but it just seems to be filled with old men against mods or any gains so hoping this place is different. Was thinking of getting 19's? I currently have 17s on for winter but have 18 Midirs for summer which I want to change possibly. Im struggling to get over speed bumps and onto a friends drive at the moment.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Better late then never .... or very incredibly late

Here are couple of photos of him:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Ditch that K&N Filter and get yourself one you can clean that you don't have to oil afterwards, but keep the rest of it. Called dry-flow. Save you some dough and some headache with the oil from the K&N filter coating the MAF if you overspray it on your next cleaning.

BHP limit is going to be around 500, as most people seem to report breaking something around that time. So next thing will be the IC upgrade (either go Volvo OEM larger or one of the Do88 or Bell guys). IC piping upgrade.

Lemme tell you I left the big black stock hardpipe on there, and just upgraded everything after that to 2.5" solid pipe and put an IC with 2.75" inlet/outlets that is 3" thick, and my throttle response is AWESOME. Boost also reaches max and the air is always cooler than with the stock rubber pipes and IC. For $150 american it was one of the easiest and most worthwhile upgrades ever. At one point, on a slight downhill going to work everyday, I would get 40mpg on the instantaneous doing 80mph.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ditch that K&N Filter and get yourself one you can clean that you don't have to oil afterwards, but keep the rest of it. Called dry-flow. Save you some dough and some headache with the oil from the K&N filter coating the MAF if you overspray it on your next cleaning.

BHP limit is going to be around 500, as most people seem to report breaking something around that time. So next thing will be the IC upgrade (either go Volvo OEM larger or one of the Do88 or Bell guys). IC piping upgrade.

Lemme tell you I left the big black stock hardpipe on there, and just upgraded everything after that to 2.5" solid pipe and put an IC with 2.75" inlet/outlets that is 3" thick, and my throttle response is AWESOME. Boost also reaches max and the air is always cooler than with the stock rubber pipes and IC. For $150 american it was one of the easiest and most worthwhile upgrades ever. At one point, on a slight downhill going to work everyday, I would get 40mpg on the instantaneous doing 80mph.

Hey thanks for that, I will defenitly take you up on that info as im looking for the next steps although im having some problems trying to handle the car in corners as well. But yeh my next routes would be the IC from D088 and after I was going to look at the Block Mod or spray? as I was told anything more after those modes would cause some problems and it was a known fault to split.

What is the most people have got with the current turbo? or is the next turbo mod to get the Focus RS hybrid turbo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts