SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer yesterday with two issues with NAV. My unit does not display any NAV POI categories or points of interest. In addition, I cannot set the "Home" destination (which is also a POI).

The dealer is investigating if any other new deliveries have a similar problem, or if this is unique to my car, wondering is this is a result of the new software load.

Anyone else experience a similar problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
What happens if you search for a POI using the keyword search feature? Does it come up with a list of results? It would help understand if the data is there but the interface is defective or if the POI data is missing.

This is the second or third report of the more recent Nav update that has had issues worse than my original launch version. I think I'll wait until November and hope it doesn't have comparable bugs.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If I search for "Volvo" I get a list of Volvo dealers. (Surprisingly, my dealer is not listed, as the info is out of date!). I can also search on keywords like airport, gas and park, and get a list of items.... So some information is loaded.... However, nothing displays when selecting the POI category. Maybe a corrupt DB index?

·
Registered
838 Posts
You may have to go into the menus and select the POI you want. If there was an update, it may have wiped them out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Which country do you live in? Do you have the right maps installed for that, and is there an update for your maps which you could download from support.volvo.com?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which country do you live in? Do you have the right maps installed for that, and is there an update for your maps which you could download from support.volvo.com?
I live in the USA. The maps work fine. In fact, it appears I have all of the POI db, because if I use the search function, the POI list out on the display. This is a display error, as if they are indexed by category incorrectly.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Issue resolved! Thanks to pdxmark2, I followed the instructions on downloading and updating the navigation maps. The process was surprisingly easy. After the update all POI categories display correctly. Interesting to note that the download appeared to be a more recent load than what was delivered on my car, as the download contained more recent dealer information that the original POI database.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
FYI. I read where the road maps are installed by the dealer. Since the data is ~ 25 GB, anyone with a new or recent delivery might want to verify that the maps and POI are fully installed. From my own experience downloading maps to my phone, it is easy for the download or install to get interrupted. Also, when the dealer installs the maps, they are instructed to use a battery maintainer (as opposed to leaving your car running which some posters suggested).

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A couple of updates about this issue. My dealer told me all of the cars prepped the week of mine have this problem. It appears VIDA had a bad software load that had corrupted maps.

When I did my manual update, the upload was interrupted. I was siting in the car with the load about 85% complete. I opened the drivers door and the car shut off, stopping the upload. When I restarted the car, the upload finished, apparently without incident.

It was strange the car shut off. I have not seen this under any other circumstance.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Glad the map update thread helped, and that updating the maps solved your problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
My dealer told me all of the cars prepped the week of mine have this problem.
What week was that? Thanks for sharing your experience.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My car was prepped and delivered Friday, October 16.

My problem: NAV did not display pois on that screen. Could not save home as a destination. Both issues solved with the upgrade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts