SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Just picked up a 22 T6 with the polestar. Have not had 4 cyl for a long time and traded the wife’s RX350L with a v6 (terribly slow). I am noticing that under low throttle or starting on slope a rattle / engine noise like when you try starting a manual in 2nd or 3rd gear. I feel like as soon as I get on the throttle the turbo kicks in and the problem is solved. May have been a bad explanation. Car drives great, but even my wife noticed it tonight. I do not hear it when getting on the throttle while parked. Just when the drive train kicks at low speeds without heavy throttle. Does the ECU need trained? Is this just normal for a 4 banger?

·
Registered
2019 XC90 T6 Momentum AWD
14 Posts
I've noticed what I suspect is a similar sound on my '19 T6 (no polestar). It sounds to me like dieseling or light engine knock almost like I'm running cheap or low octane fuel (I only use 92+ octane, and stick to well known brands where possible). I don't feel any loss of performance, and I don't always hear it, so I've just assumed it was normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has 600 miles and only using 93 as 91 is never an option. I also don't notice any loss in performance but I have no comparison. Doesn't do it when I just rev the engine so has to be drivetrain or possibly transmission at low speeds. I test drove a T8 and not the T6. Wife had to have pine grey and brown leather messaging seats as opposed to more ponies and better fuel economy.

·
Registered
2017, XC90 T6 INSCRIPTION POLESTAR+++++
125 Posts
New to the forum. Just picked up a 22 T6 with the polestar. Have not had 4 cyl for a long time and traded the wife’s RX350L with a v6 (terribly slow). I am noticing that under low throttle or starting on slope a rattle / engine noise like when you try starting a manual in 2nd or 3rd gear. I feel like as soon as I get on the throttle the turbo kicks in and the problem is solved. May have been a bad explanation. Car drives great, but even my wife noticed it tonight. I do not hear it when getting on the throttle while parked. Just when the drive train kicks at low speeds without heavy throttle. Does the ECU need trained? Is this just normal for a 4 banger?
Assume it’s “normal”, my 2017 does the same...., near it every time I take car out as coming out out our garage need to climb hill on road immediately

1 - 4 of 4 Posts