SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our first Volvo, an XC90 T6 Inscription a couple weeks ago and are loving it so far!

At the time of purchase I was presented with a couple different extended warranty plans that had the option of cancelling within 60 days for a full refund. I know these things can be pricy on the maintenance and we're hoping to keep this vehicle for as long as possible since we have two young kids. So I decided to just go with it and do some research after the fact about the warranty.

Last night I started digging into it a bit and was trying to compare the name of the warranty that I purchased against the Volvo site to get a better understanding of what all was covered. Soon though I realized that the warranty I purchased wasn't a Volvo Vehicle Service Contract (at least I don't think so) instead it's through a company called Zurich. In the paperwork the plan is referred to as:

Zurich / Volvo
8yr VSC
Comprehensive

So my questions are:

1. Is Zurich a company insuring the plan and it's an actual Volvo backed plan? Or is it a totally separate company with it's own plan.
2. Am I better off cancelling this plan and purchasing a Volvo VIP plan?

After really assessing my wife's driving I already know the plan is to long for us and I need to adjust it to a lower year plan since we'll top 100k in 6-7 years. Though prior to changing it I wanted to ask for some opinions on the plan I got vs. the ones marketed as Volvo VIP plans.

Again, first Volvo so thank you for any guidance...

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After spending some time looking through some similar posts about extended warranty's it sounds like I might be better off cancelling out the Zurich plan and signing up through Steingold Volvo for their VIP plan since it's backed by Volvo. Especially since I'm still under 1k miles.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I shopped around and decided to go with the VIP extended warranty a few months ago. Never heard of a Zurich warranty before. VIP plans are honored at all Volvo dealers and are transferable if/when you sell the car. They'll even give you a prorated refund if you don't use it.

Oh and btw, although Steingold seems to be the default place to buy the warranty, my local dealer offered me a better price and I very much felt the salesman pitch with Steingold (buy it now or else price will go up etc), fwiw.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is there any rush to get a warranty now? I just got a T8 myself and planned to just wait until the 4-year manufacturer warranty ran out before looking to replace it.

·
Vendor
500 Posts
Is there any rush to get a warranty now? I just got a T8 myself and planned to just wait until the 4-year manufacturer warranty ran out before looking to replace it.
Glad to hear you’re considering one of our VIP Plans. Although you “technically” can purchase the plans at anytime, the pricing is most affordable before 1,000 miles. And you’ll also have the most eligibility for coverage extension. Options will disappear a time/mileage accrue, so rule of thumb is always “the earlier the better”, as clients will certainly pay more as time goes on.

We totally understand the reasoning for customers to wait to purchase the coverage to avoid “double coverage”, but Volvo has taken this into account and adjusted pricing for upfront purchases. And furthermore, use SWEDESPEED as your promo code at checkout to get the maximum discount.

If any specific questions, send us a PM!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts