SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally took the plunge and got a onyx black/Amber combo. Momentum plus, vision, convenience, and climate package. Also 20" 5 split spoke wheel option. Heated windscreen is not bad at all. Base sound system sounds just like my bang & olufsen from my previous Audi.

Quick question as I did a quick search and couldnt find the answer. When the car is turned off and locked up, is the USB port turned off also so the iPod connected isn't taking any power?

Update after a few more drives. Automatic high beams is pretty awesome. It's so smart it dimmed before I even saw a car coming around a bend. And auto pilot mode works like a charm when I'm stuck in traffic for an hour each day/night.

Another question too, are all XC90 Windows super slow going up and down? Using auto up/down or holding the button they are the slowest Windows I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Finally took the plunge and got a onyx black/Amber combo. Momentum plus, vision, convenience, and climate package. Also 20" 5 split spoke wheel option. Heated windscreen is not bad at all. Base sound system sounds just like my bang & olufsen from my previous Audi.

Quick question as I did a quick search and couldnt find the answer. When the car is turned off and locked up, is the USB port turned off also so the iPod connected isn't taking any power?
Correct. Upon re-entering the vehicle, you'll hear the device buzz as charging resumes.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Heated windscreen is not bad at all. Base sound system sounds just like my bang & olufsen from my previous Audi.
And the Bang & Olufsen system is a $5,000 option on the Q7. Interesting that you think it's just the equal of the standard Harman-Kardon. The Harman-Kardon system on my wife's XC60 is fantastic. I sure the Bowers and Wilkins system is second to none, probably the best, and it is about a $2000 option.

And if you live in a cold environment with a prolonged winter, like me, in the Colorado mountains, the electrically heated windshield is a fantastic option. My wife's XC60 has that too. The Audi Q7 doesn't have that option.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Another question too, are all XC90 Windows super slow going up and down? Using auto up/down or holding the button they are the slowest Windows I've ever seen.
Yes, the windows are slow as molasses. This is normal. Some have also complained that the windshield wipers are slow as well. Maybe the motors are made by the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think the windows are definitely slower than my last car, but I saw people complaining about that before I had my vehicle, and it's definitely not as bad as I was expecting after the complaining.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts