SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New XC70: extended warranty questions

I've only owned Swedish cars and know going into my next one that with considerable attention and expense they'll provide an enjoyable and practical driving experience for a long time. I currently own a V50 but for a variety of reasons, expect to outgrow it within 18 months.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a loaded 2009 XC70 T6. This will likely be my last fuel car and I would like to keep it at least 6-7 years.

So I'm looking at extended warranties. I've never had one before, so if anyone has some thoughts on how I should approach the extended warranty, I'd really appreciate it.

I'm getting the following quotes for Volvo's warranties:
$0 deductible, 7 years / 75,000 miles : $3,500
$100 deductible, 7 years / 75,000 miles : $3127

And this quotes on a GE warranty offered by the dealer
$50 deductible, 7 years / 75,000 miles: $2134

The broker I'm using is getting more information on both warranties but figured I'd ask here as well:

Some questions (but please feel free to offer any advice/experience you have, particularly if you've had a GE warranty before):
-Are these decent prices on extended warranties?
-Do the warranties get more expensive if I purchase them later (before 15k miles)? Would there be any reason to buy it up front?
-If I get a Volvo warranty, do I have to do all service at a Volvo dealer or just the scheduled maintenance?
-What questions should I ask/things should I look for when I get more information on the warranty? What parts shoudl I be absolutely sure are covered?

I'm operating under the somewhat naive and completely unfounded hope that the 08/09 models will be a little more reliable than the previous ones but will still require some major maintenance given the amount of time I expect to keep the car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I've shot a request off to Greg Cole.

Odd that post didn't come up when I searched for Extended Warranty.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (MagoonR)

Quick followup: I did drop a line to Bob as well as you suggested, but got a response from Greg shortly thereafter. And yeah, the quotes look good.

Thanks, everyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.