SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to say thanks to everyone keeping this forum alive and well-informed. After three months of (mostly) lurking, researching, and agonizing, I finally put down a deposit on a new Volvo. I'll be saying goodbye to my 2004 Subaru Forester.

2016 XC60 T6 R-Design Platinum
Osmium Grey
BLIS, Heated Front Seats

I'll post pics when I get her home.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
:beer:WELCOME:beer:

Platinum RD! Can't wait to see the pics:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wanted to say thanks to everyone keeping this forum alive and well-informed. After three months of (mostly) lurking, researching, and agonizing, I finally put down a deposit on a new Volvo. I'll be saying goodbye to my 2004 Subaru Forester.

Osmium Grey
BLIS, Heated Front Seats

Nice Just picked up my T6 Platinum last week
Ice white/ soft beige so far so good nice car
Probably going to go for the Polestar tune
after break in
Good luck

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

Osmium Grey
BLIS, Heated Front Seats

Nice choice, congrats! Looking forward to the pics.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't find a break-in period thread. Any recommendations, or is there something I'm missing?

This seems like it could get very opinionated very fast. They don't build cars like they used to, I am well aware of that. Still, it's a bit surprising there are no early initial fluid changes, nothing in the owner's manual, about a break-in period, etc.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I can't find a break-in period thread. Any recommendations, or is there something I'm missing?

This seems like it could get very opinionated very fast. They don't build cars like they used to, I am well aware of that. Still, it's a bit surprising there are no early initial fluid changes, nothing in the owner's manual, about a break-in period, etc.
As you said that can get varying opinion on this.

I noticed the same thing, when we picked our vehicle up for delivery I inquired. The service manager said that there is no formal break in period required (2015 t6). They said that it would be a good idea to obviously not drive the crap out of it right away (keep revs below 3,000 rpm etc) and that a fluid change at 8,000 km's (normal service interval is 16,000) wouldn't hurt. But they also pointed out that driving it hard to begin with shouldn't have any adverse affects.

They said something about the engines being already broken in from the factory.

I know other manufactures that have very specific break in procedures (like subaru, X amount of mileage below X amount of RPM's (no cruise control usage) etc..).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's home and she's gorgeous, but don't hold your breath for pictures.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts