SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked my wife up a '19 XC60 R-Design. I got an XC90 last August and her lease was up. Unfortunately I think I like her 60 more than my 90 so now I have a little bit of a problem on my hands. Its only a T5 but with Polestar and the RDesign wheels/tires it is far quicker and more agile than I had been expecting. I have had an X3 and Infinity G37s and it is as quick as those cars were. Love the handling and driving. Anyways here are some pictures I took. I am a photographer, but of houses, not cars, so, ... Eh theyre ok. Also there are some pics I took of the XC90 last year.

XC60
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmFVhE4A

XC90
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmoC8RCA

Registered
Wow these are some really good pictures!

My father recently picked up a XC60 as well. He was disappointed with it not having Polestar since he test drive one with it. The older polestar emblem looks great! Congrats on the new car 馃憤

Registered
Very nice photos and cars. Might I ask you - how do you make your photos that sharp? Are these post-processed? I like to take photos and own decent consumer-grade equipment but I'm always struggling with the fact my pics are far from being tack sharp...

Registered
Sure it was processed.
You need to focus the photo use the correct aperture iso and exposure. Also make sure the camera is stable. Then use photoshop or something similar to tweak the settings, color white balance, sharpness exposure further. You will get better if you practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yaa

Very nice photos and cars. Might I ask you - how do you make your photos that sharp? Are these post-processed? I like to take photos and own decent consumer-grade equipment but I'm always struggling with the fact my pics are far from being tack sharp...
Well I am a huge nerd and a photographer so I was shooting these pictures with a Sony A9 ($4,000) and then either a Sony 70-200 2.8GM lens or a Sony 24 1.4GM lens, $2,600 and $1,400 respectively. That doesn't mean you need that kind of gear though. If you bought a decent consumer grade camera and a good lens and just watch a few youtube videos on how to operate it you'd be fine. Id recommend something like a Sony A6000 and a Sony 18-135 lens. That would you get you on the right path for well under $1,000. Photography, like cars, is not a cheap hobby.

Registered
I鈥檓 a Sony guy too and bit nerdish as well, lol. I鈥檓 on Sony 77-ii, 2.8 16-50 ; 70-300 SSM G-ii and few older Minolta lenses. I might need practice more and perhaps look into post-processing. Seems never have time to sit down and work on my pics...

Registered
Tommygun45, your images of your wife's XC60 are awesome. You downplayed your photography acumen, as you clearly have an eye for composition as well as technical chops for post processing (digital editing.) Thanks for sharing your photos. I am a bit surprised by photography talk on this forum. I am a Nikon/Lumix guy for street and candids with friends. I've never even considered taking proper photos of my XC60.
Sony is doing amazing things lately in mirrorless, and I am considering changing my gear, but I am capturing less images than I would hope. So I am not holding my breath. Back to normal car appreciation -- oh wait -- just to clarify for anyone...Tommygun45 used a real camera, with a lens or two, to create awesome photos of the very photogenic XC60 R-Design.

Registered
Which is more enjoyable/fun to drive: an ordinary T6 or a T5 with Polester?
Dumb question. If you feel plain T6 is not good enough, you can always add Polestar tune and beat T5/Polestar. :)

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Registered
Well I am a huge nerd and a photographer so I was shooting these pictures with a Sony A9 ($4,000) and then either a Sony 70-200 2.8GM lens or a Sony 24 1.4GM lens, $2,600 and $1,400 respectively. That doesn't mean you need that kind of gear though. If you bought a decent consumer grade camera and a good lens and just watch a few youtube videos on how to operate it you'd be fine. Id recommend something like a Sony A6000 and a Sony 18-135 lens. That would you get you on the right path for well under $1,000. Photography, like cars, is not a cheap hobby.
Another Sony guy here too. And great photos!

Jealous of the A9/A7iii. :)

I use an A6400 and my girlfriend uses an A6000. I can second the A6000 series as great starter cameras! Especially with Sigma's prime trio and the 18-135.

I actually use Canon EF glass (Tamron 24-70 f2.8 G2 & 70-200 f2.8 G2) with a Metabones speed booster to cheat out some of that "full frame look" on the APS-C sensor. No comparison to the speed of the A9, but you get the same look as the A7iii (minus one stop of noise and DR) with the benefit of being able to also go super-light when you don't need big glass. Not a pro, so can't justify the investment in full frame yet, but Sony really is owning the mirrorless market right now. A camera for every type of buyer.

Anyway, ahem. Cars. We're here for cars. ;-)

Registered
Which is more enjoyable/fun to drive: an ordinary T6 or a T5 with Polester?
If the question is T5 R-design w/ P* vs a T6 Momentum, prolly the T5. Otherwise, as Fusion said, you can always upgrade a T6 later.

Mostly down the the wheel/tire size (and 255 width vs 235 width) and the small tweaks to the R-design suspension. Very expensive to change the former, and even more to change the later.

Registered
Very Nice, too bad you're from MASS though.........just kidding im just south of you in Rhode Island, great pic's

Registered
That鈥檚 just not right. Mass is just fine given that we鈥檙e talking about an XC60 owner who is by definition too sophisticated to be a Patriots fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
My XC90 T5 with polestar makes great sense. A little lighter than loaded T6 and Polestar makes up for difference in engine performance. The arithmetic on bottom line made sense too.
I too love the way my wife's XC60 rides and drives. I love my 90's but considering a configured 60 this spring.

(I also love my Nikon Z 6, especially for video. Great pictures of your XC60. Maybe you could also specialize in "car" interiors too.)

Registered
Get the XC60 馃憤 Absolutely love our R-design T8 in bursting blue 馃槏 I usually drive a Ford Focus RS on KW Variant 3 suspension on these roads above Berkeley, and the XC60 brings the grins 馃榿

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts