SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took delivery of my XC60 T5 Inscription w/Advanced package.
Overall the car looks and feels terrific.

After a couple of days of driving I noticed that the engine when idling is pretty loud. I would not say diesel like, but certainly not quiet. Is this normal?
I also had a hard time with the speed adjustment while on Active Crusie control. Every tap tap to the + or - buttons would increase/decrease the speed by 5 mph, not 1. What should I do to go in 1 mph increments?
I set the heads up display to my liking when I took delivery of the car. Today I wanted to fine tune its position but the thing would not move. I can see the rectangular grid, but pressing any of the 4 arrows does not move it. The only button that is operational is the center one to accept the (unchanged) position. What am I missing?

Lastly. I am having a hard time with Apple Car Play. When enabled I cannot use any of the car's built in voice recognition, phone, etc controls. It seems to be an either Siri or Volvo kind of environment. I do not like or use Siri ever but I cannot live without Waze... What are you folks doing or experiencing in this regard?

TIA

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I finally took delivery of my XC60 T5 Inscription w/Advanced package.
I also had a hard time with the speed adjustment while on Active Crusie control. Every tap tap to the + or - buttons would increase/decrease the speed by 5 mph, not 1. What should I do to go in 1 mph increments?
Short press is +/- 5mph. Long press will do 1 mph increments.

Lastly. I am having a hard time with Apple Car Play. When enabled I cannot use any of the car's built in voice recognition, phone, etc controls. It seems to be an either Siri or Volvo kind of environment. I do not like or use Siri ever but I cannot live without Waze... What are you folks doing or experiencing in this regard?

TIA
Short press (more like a tap) for Sensus Voice. Long press for Siri. I love Waze, but there's something to be said about the simplicity of the built in nav with the hud.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I am having a hard time with Apple Car Play. When enabled I cannot use any of the car's built in voice recognition, phone, etc controls. It seems to be an either Siri or Volvo kind of environment. I do not like or use Siri ever but I cannot live without Waze... What are you folks doing or experiencing in this regard?
Maybe some confusion here.
First, I use Waze all the time -- it's in the Apple CarPlay menu.
Second, only some functions are transferred to CarPlay. You can still use the car's voice commands to do some things (such as set the temperature, for example).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short press is +/- 5mph. Long press will do 1 mph increments.

Haha, exactly the opposite as Acura! The wipers stalk also is the opposite to all other cars I have driven.

Short press (more like a tap) for Sensus Voice. Long press for Siri. I love Waze, but there's something to be said about the simplicity of the built in nav with the hud.
Got it. I will try it out.
Thank you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe some confusion here.
First, I use Waze all the time -- it's in the Apple CarPlay menu.
Second, only some functions are transferred to CarPlay. You can still use the car's voice commands to do some things (such as set the temperature, for example).
I know Waze is in Apple Carplay. My problem is that when it is being used, I cannot use the cars functions for the phone. I have to use Siri.
I dont see myself changing stations or temperatures via voice commands. Half the time they are wrong.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When you give control to Apple or Android, they take over the phone functions. I don't believe there is a choice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’ve had the same trouble positioning the HUD. Fortunately I was just playing around with it and the default position works for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
I think I can use up and down arrow to change the HUD height while it shows the icon. If I press left and right, it would display the grid and do nothing. So yeh, try not to press left or right arrow, only use up and down.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
My recollection is on that adjustment screen the left/right options are for brightness, and the up/down options are for vertical position. I believe the calibration screen is supposed to manage horizontal, but I haven't used it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
yes, all that is correct. I've got a new XC60 and have recently done the calibration and height adjustment. One of the few missteps in SENSUS - there are like three different icons that have to do with the heads-up. You'd think there would be one icon, with a settings pulldown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yes, all that is correct. I've got a new XC60 and have recently done the calibration and height adjustment. One of the few missteps in SENSUS - there are like three different icons that have to do with the heads-up. You'd think there would be one icon, with a settings pulldown.
So your saying there is a way to adjust side to side (horizontal)? I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don’t think there is horizontal, believe the calibration is just fine adjustment to the rotation to ensure the display is square/parallel to the ground

·
Registered
724 Posts
I'm sorry for being misleading, I think beers is correct. The Adjust heads up display icon lets you move it up and down, and change brightness. the calibrate does exactly what beers is writing, and I doubt the outcome will be noticeable for most viewers.

I would like to adjust mine horizontal a little bit too, but its not much of a concern.

I just tried it again. I'm not sure I can get it to do anything!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm sorry for being misleading, I think beers is correct. The Adjust heads up display icon lets you move it up and down, and change brightness. the calibrate does exactly what beers is writing, and I doubt the outcome will be noticeable for most viewers.

I would like to adjust mine horizontal a little bit too, but its not much of a concern.

I just tried it again. I'm not sure I can get it to do anything!
Thank you for the clarification. That's disappointing as I find some of the HUD cut off on the left side.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Tones, there is something wrong. I definitely don't have that issue at all.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tones, there is something wrong. I definitely don't have that issue at all.
I would agree if you're sitting straight on it should be visible. The only caveat is if you're someone who "leans" aggressively to one side of the steering wheel then it's possible the side you're leaning to could be "cut off".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts