SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after spending a significant amount of my early childhood riding around in a P1800 (still an incredibly good looking car, in my opinion), here we are, decades later, and tomorrow I will be picking up MY first Volvo, after years of buying mostly Japanese cars. (Actually, this will be my wife's car, but it will be our primary "doing things together" car, and I will continue to drive my 2012 VW CC, but I suspect that I will enjoy this car enough that I will want to get one of my own in a few years.)

Here is what we're getting:
T5 FWD
Seashell metallic
Platinum trim
BLIS
Heated Front Seats
Linear Walnut Inlay
Sport seats (hazel/off-black two tone)
19" Lesath wheels
Mud flaps

MSRP is $48,835, invoice is $45,725. Agreed upon price is $41,835. Seems like a ridiculous bargain to me... Any thoughts on this deal? Car is brand new and has 12 miles on it. Moreover, Volvo is running a deal now where they will make your first free payments for you. (And while it seemed almost too good to be true, I asked : indeed, it is a simple interest loan, so it's not like they'll make three mostly-interest laden payments, leaving me with all of the original principal. All payments over the life of the loan will have mostly principal with a little interest, and the interest rate is attractive - excellent credit helps, I guess.)

We have not seen many Seashell versions in person (we are driving two hours to pick up the car from the dealer with the best price, sight unseen), but it looks like the color varies a lot depending on the light. Anyone else on here have this color and have any comments on it? How easy is it to keep clean?

Anyhow, we are looking forward to joining this community! I have enjoyed reading this forum for a couple of months while doing my research, and hope to be able to contribute to it, myself, before long!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Sounds like a good deal, congratulations!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like the dealer is using his hold back money and then some. I thought I did good buying at invoice Sounds like a great deal
First time Volvo owner here as well Good luck

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Congrats! We specifically selected the Seashell Metallic when we purchased my wife's XC60 and absolutely love it. I'm sure you will too. It's also nice that they're pretty rare to spot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the warm wishes. And great photos, Config!

Has anyone bought an extended warranty for their vehicle? I have never bought one, myself, but this car is so full of electronic gadgetry that I am actually giving it some thought. The dealer hasn't mentioned the possibility yet but I imagine that they'll suggest it tomorrow while I am in the finance office. What are your thoughts on this, and what would be a good price for one? I know Consumer Reports and the like say that they rarely pay off, but then again, peace of mind is worth something...

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you all for the warm wishes. And great photos, Config!

Has anyone bought an extended warranty for their vehicle? I have never bought one, myself, but this car is so full of electronic gadgetry that I am actually giving it some thought. The dealer hasn't mentioned the possibility yet but I imagine that they'll suggest it tomorrow while I am in the finance office. What are your thoughts on this, and what would be a good price for one? I know Consumer Reports and the like say that they rarely pay off, but then again, peace of mind is worth something...

Thanks!
Volvo new car warranty is 48 month 50k powertrain and bumper to bumper
I am going to wait and see how it goes the first couple of years and then decide

1 - 7 of 7 Posts