SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note to let Swedespeed members know that we have some new wheel options coming this springs. (ETA 5-1) Our popular Pegasus replicas are now available in a new Matte Black finish as well as last years popular Hyper Black (a multi stage finish that color shifts from bright silver to dark anthracite depending on viewing angle).
Now both the 17" and 18" ipd Pegasus replicas will clear the R calipers
and our Porsche caliper upgrades for 850 and 1998-2000 C-S & V70

Check them out for your model at the links below.

C70 1998-2005

S70

V70 1998-2000

S60

V70 2001-2007

Last year we asked for feedback on some new wheel designs and this mesh style got the most votes. We have it coming in an 18" x 8" for the following models. It's called the ipd VMS and it's a great looking wheel that is available in Matte Black and Hyper Black (a multi stage finish that color shifts from bright silver to dark anthracite depending on viewing angle).
Please note! The wheel below cannot be used on 2004-2007 S60R or V70R models due to caliper interference.
Same goes for 850 and 1998-2000 C-S&V 70 models using our Porsche caliper upgrade

Check them out for your model at the links below.

C70 1998-2005

S70

V70 1998-2000

S60

V70 2001-2007

Modified by Scott Hart at 5:05 PM 4-6-2009

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: New Wheels from ipd- (Scott Hart)

Quote, originally posted by Scott Hart »
Please note that this wheel cannot be used on 2004-2007 S60R or V70R models due to caliper interference. Same goes for 850 and 1998-2000 C-S&V 70 models

Those are so sexy...if the brembos weren't so good...

·
Registered
4,563 Posts

The black pegs look awesome!!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Any idea what the wieght is on the Pegasus replicas?

Please note that this wheel cannot be used on 2004-2007 S60R or V70R models due to caliper interference. Same goes for 850 and 1998-2000 C-S&V 70 models

Would spacers work to clear the the R calipar's?

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: New Wheels from ipd- (mad matt)

Quote, originally posted by mad matt »
The black pegs look awesome!!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Any idea what the wieght is on the Pegasus replicas?
26 lbs for 17" and 27 lbs for 18"

Quote, originally posted by mad matt »
Would spacers work to clear the the R calipar's?
A 5mm spacer would provide proper clearance, but you'd have problems with outer fender lip clearance. ( 8" wide wheel with an effective 33mm offset)

Modified by Scott Hart at 5:01 PM 4-6-2009

·
Registered
920 Posts

Last years popular Hyper Black (a multi stage finish that color shifts from bright silver to dark anthracite depending on viewing angle).

What I got... One of the coolest finishes ever. Highly HIGHLY recommended.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I love the hyper black look. How does the replica weight compare to the stock pegs?

·
Registered
17,015 Posts
LOL with the VMS name of a rim do you think it would be good for anything .......

Just kidding LOL I do want them for my coupe thou ..........hmmmsexy

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (SHOlover)

Quote, originally posted by SHOlover »
Looks like those replicant pegs would not be prone to curb rash as the stockers...hmmm...

A quote from my Dad: "All wheels are prone to curb rash when your car is driven by a women".

I love that man!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Re: (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Quote, originally posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate »

A quote from my Dad: "All wheels are prone to curb rash when your car is driven by a women". !
LOL!
My PO (male) was curb happy. I have not curbed one yet, but I hate when my buddies make fun of the rash. I've been too lazy to get them repainted.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Re: (adykes)

Anyone have some good multi-angle pictures of the hyperblack?

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Re: New Wheels from ipd- (volvofla)

Quote, originally posted by volvofla »
If it won't fit an R that's just teasing.

That's not teasing. It's totally barbaric. Get your pitchforks and torches, folks!

-Eric

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts
Re: (SHOlover)

Quote, originally posted by SHOlover »
Looks like those replicant pegs would not be prone to curb rash as the stockers...hmmm...

From the picture, it looks like the Goodyear Eagle tire (not the replica Peg) is the rim's saving grace from any curbs.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: (Sue Esponte)

Quote, originally posted by Sue Esponte »

From the picture, it looks like the Goodyear Eagle tire (not the replica Peg) is the rim's saving grace from any curbs.

-Eric

Yeah, it's mostly a function of the tire. The OEM Pirelli's practically served the Pegs up on a platter to any nearby curb.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Re: (xman03)

Quote, originally posted by xman03 »
Somebody should do it VW style and try those out with the 5mm spacers.

Yeah I wonder how much you'd have to roll the fenders/cut the lining. Probably not much for 5mm?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (Sue Esponte)

The GY Eagle F1 Sport I have for summer have what I would consider INCREDIBLE pothole protection. I would be nervous for a while with any other tire on an 18.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: (djkronik57)

Quote, originally posted by djkronik57 »

Yeah I wonder how much you'd have to roll the fenders/cut the lining. Probably not much for 5mm?

Well it would be similar to running 15mm on Pegs in the front, that would look pretty wild

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.