SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I was down at the dealer and saw the new steering wheel. What I'm wondering is if that airbag will bolt right in to my XC with the older style wheel. Have they updated the wheel airbage technology at all or no?

I'm guessing this modification won't be cheap, but then again, I could probably sell my old bag to a parts yard to defray the cost a little.

Come on guys, help me out, I'm trying to justify this in my head. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Re: New Volvo Steering Wheel (Evolvo)

Actually, I am sure that it can be done and I don't think it is really that expensive. There are a lot of Bimmer folks that put M3 steering wheels on their 330i/330ci's without too much of a problem. If you are really interested, ask the dealer how much 03' steering wheel might cost.

-Drew

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Re: New Volvo Steering Wheel ([email protected])

When we looked at a '98 V70R last year we checked a price on replacing a the steering wheel with very worn alcantara - the quote for the part was $475. I think that was just for the "wheel" portion and did not include the airbag.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Re: New Volvo Steering Wheel (83caddy16v)

Unless they changed the airbag version, you might be able to get away with just the bag itself if all you want to get is the emblem. If you want the wheel, hold out and get the R wheel. That one looks cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts