SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody I recently bought a 2005 volvo s60 2.5t nice car drives and performs well though i dont have any thing to compare it to. getting an average of 21mpg according to the info center , this is however my first foreign car also my first turbo. there are a couple things that bug me on this car a couple could probably be fixed at dealer like the running lights on all the time, but ill live with it. this morning did notice that my parking lights were not on after switching them on, the front did not come on the rear lights did, when i bought it i had replaced one of them i hope its not going to be some electrical issue keep blowing bulbs didnt check fuse as i figured the rears worked. Any way seen alot of great cars on here and some wonderful info. i really like the car where the guy (sorry forget who) put in the hood vents, would like to do that but think im scarred to start cutting my car just yet, also need to do the intake. the car is stock for now hopefully i can get some stuff upgraded not too crazy thought, no ecu or turbos, i have too many kids to afford that stuff. any good ideas that i should do first thats not too expensive, thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
581 Posts
cool man, you could upgrade your exhaust system and maybe get yourself a nice intake to start. Makes a small difference in performance and sounds nice :) Nothing like that 5 cylinder sound.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Welcome to the Forums!

Most likely, I am that guy that put the vents in the hood, lol, along with a few R owners.... Re: cutting the hood, it's easier than you might think if you take your time, use tape to mask the area and be conservative when you make your cuts, you can always trim more but can't put the metal back very easily if you take off too much. Kinda neat with the aluminum hood is that it makes no sparks when you cut, and it cuts very easily with a reinforced cutting wheel.

Lights and bulbs, just replace them and go from there, dealer can turn off your DRL if you want or find a local member with VIDA/DiCE, or buy it yourself if you plan to DIY a lot, it will pay for itself the first time you use it.

Hope you enjoy your time around here, hope the car treats you well, it looks clean.

:thumbup:

NJGB

·
Registered
501 Posts
Welcome, clean car!

NJGreenBudd, pretty much summed it, I haven't come across any major electrical problems so I would start with the bulbs, and if that doesn't work check the fuses if that is fine, I'd see if there is power at the fuse box and then at the socket and go from there.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Welcome, nice car btw. You can start to order a 3" filter and you can install it without the intake pipe. You will love how the turbo scream

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to the Forums!

Most likely, I am that guy that put the vents in the hood, lol, along with a few R owners.... Re: cutting the hood, it's easier than you might think if you take your time, use tape to mask the area and be conservative when you make your cuts, you can always trim more but can't put the metal back very easily if you take off too much. Kinda neat with the aluminum hood is that it makes no sparks when you cut, and it cuts very easily with a reinforced cutting wheel.

Lights and bulbs, just replace them and go from there, dealer can turn off your DRL if you want or find a local member with VIDA/DiCE, or buy it yourself if you plan to DIY a lot, it will pay for itself the first time you use it.

Hope you enjoy your time around here, hope the car treats you well, it looks clean.

:thumbup:

NJGB

thanks all for the info. would the VIDA/DICE happen to remove the speed limiter as well? and if i get a filter whats the best material to use and make a heat shield after removing the air box. i guess ill swap the bulbs again and see what happens.

·
Registered
501 Posts
thanks all for the info. would the VIDA/DICE happen to remove the speed limiter as well? and if i get a filter whats the best material to use and make a heat shield after removing the air box. i guess ill swap the bulbs again and see what happens.
Vida won't remove the speed limiter and I think the 2.5t is electronically limited at 146mph and t5 and R is at 155 so there is really little need to remove the limiter.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
i did 270 km/h just 2 times, never did again. thats with my stock 16T and BSR stage 3. The car still pushing but my heart didnt.

·
Registered
877 Posts
i went 135 in mine as far as i could tell i could have gone faster but i didn't feel very safe going past that speed. (I was doing this on a empty highway that is rated for speeds up to 120mph). Boy would that have been a story to tell my parents if I got pulled over doing that speed i was only 16 at the time insurance costs would have gone through the roof. I was on Rica stage 1 at the time i believe.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts