SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today there is fantastic news for Overseas Delivery! Volvo signed a contract with British Airways (BA) to provide travel to Overseas Delivery Tourist Program customers. This new service greatly increases the number of flights available via the program and makes flying to pick up a new Volvo even more convenient. Many customers will now be able to fly direct to Europe without any US domestic connections! British Airways operates direct flights to London from the following US cities:

Atlanta
Baltimore
Boston
Chicago
Dallas
Denver
Houston
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
Newark
Orlando
Philadelphia
Phoenix
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
Tampa
Washington DC

Flying to Europe to pick up your new Volvo is now much easier with more options for your vacation plans. SAS Airlines will continue to provide service for Volvo Overseas Delivery customers from Chicago, Newark and Washington, DC airports.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
We <3 BA; on our trip to Egypt we chose BA (with a 6+ hour layover at LHR) rather than Air Egypt direct.

But SAS was nice even if we did have to go west (Philadelphia to Chicago) to go to Sweden this April.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
But SAS was nice even if we did have to go west (Philadelphia to Chicago) to go to Sweden this April.
Wow...why didn't they book you through Newark or Washington, DC? I had done the OSD trip 4 trips when I used to live in the Philadelphia area and I always went through Newark (primarily) and once through Dulles.

·
Registered
257 Posts
WOW! That is awesome. But I really liked flying SAS, especially since we got the upgrades to Business class. In fact, we are flying to France this year on SAS, just so we can try to get the upgrades again!

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is great news! I have dreaded a flight from Anchorage to Chicago just to board a SAS flight over to Europe. Now I will only need to go to Seattle.... I only hope this agreement lasts long enough for me to pick up a NEW XC90 in a couple of years.

freezingalaskan

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
This is great news! I have dreaded a flight from Anchorage to Chicago just to board a SAS flight over to Europe. Now I will only need to go to Seattle.... I only hope this agreement lasts long enough for me to pick up a NEW XC90 in a couple of years.

freezingalaskan
Keep an eye out for the completely new design for the XC90............MY14 possibly????

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
We ended up going through Chicago because there weren't many seats availabile out of EWR or IAD. And the layover at EWR would've been terrible for a Sunday trip.

While I could've taken a train to DC/Newark or driven to Newark or gotten a shuttle/car services to Newark, flying through ORD turned out to be the best option.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those, like me, flying from the west coast, British Air is great: DIRECT overnight from LAX to Heathrow, then one flight to Gothenberg. SAS went thru Chicago and Copenhagen, 2 stops. Sure I would like to be able to use the BA lounge at LAX and Heathrow, but I can deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I wish this were a possibility when we picked up our car in June; I'd have started my trip in London on a non stop flight and bypassed Chicago altogether. SAS was awesome, but they no longer have a Seattle hub, and O'Hare is aggravating for international travel.

I wonder if British Airways will be giving out passes to their VIP lounge.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I wonder if British Airways will be giving out passes to their VIP lounge.
No, unfortunately not at this time. One of my OSD customers was the first to arrange their flights via British Airways. Shortly afterwards I asked my Volvo Factory rep about the BA lounge and was told no lounge access is included with a Volvo Overseas Delivery British Airways flight only with an Volvo Overseas Delivery SAS Airlines flight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts