1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: The Western Mail

November 5, 2002

quote:

Ford's decision to center production of its new Inline-6 engine at Bridgend, as part of a £425m investment which will more create more than 600 new jobs, has been described as a coup for the economy by first minister Rhodri Morgan.

The investment, which replaces the intended Jaguar V6 £360m project for Bridgend announced last year, will see production starting in 2004.

Mr Morgan said, "This makes Bridgend a world-class engine production site and strengthens the position of the plant for years to come."

As part of this additional investment of $60m in the plant, Bridgend will now be producing engines for Volvo as well as for Ford, Jaguar and Land Rover.

"This can only boost Wales's growing reputation as a centre of excellence for the automotive industry and is a vote of confidence in the Welsh plant and its workforce."

Economic Development Minister Andrew Davies said, "Having worked at the Bridgend engine plant for five years, I am personally delighted by this news, which is a fantastic achievement for Ford. I am committed to doing everything possible to ensure that Ford's latest project goes ahead."

"The Assembly Government was instrumental in attracting an engine project and 640 new jobs to Bridgend through its offer of regional selective assistance (RSA)."

"This announcement to invest in the high-tech Inline-6 range means that we will need to look again at the RSA offer."
-Drew

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Re: New Volvo Inline-6 Engine News ([email protected])

hrmmm.. this will change a lot of people's funky facial expressions when they hear my volvo has 5 cylinders.. hahahah

i was at a car show.. and the guy looked at me as i was checking under the hood of the new c70... he said "IT HAS 5!? what the?!" hahahah

i should have offered him a ride to show him what the 5 can do http://********************/smile/emsmilep.gif and thats stock! (with small tweaks)

now with 6.. people wont be so surprised...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Re: New Volvo Inline-6 Engine News (GShyneDM)

Hopefully Volvo will show them how to do a nice inline 6. I have horrible memories of that ancient 3.3L inline 6 that used to power the early 80's Mustangs - a whopping 90 HP! http://********************/smile/emcrook.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.