SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New design changes will slowly be introduced to the Volvo on Call App - First, the latest release removes “More” and replaces it with “Support” & “Profile”

Profile Tab
  • Notification & App Settings
  • Account & Vehicle Management
Support Tab
  • Find Support Contacts
  • Request Roadside Assistance
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.46.47 AM.jpg

Realtime Roadside Assistance
  • Automated agent determines necessary level of service
  • VIN and location (based on phone’s GPS) automatically transmitted
  • Real time ETA and location of responding service provider
  • Easy access to call Volvo Roadside, truck driver, and cancel service
Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.48.56 AM.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’m liking the new design so far, the data refresh/push is getting better in every version. There is still room to improve the support for charging

- limit SoC. charging to 100% every time can’t be good and I’m already starting to experience degradation. It is difficult to get to car in time to catch when it is up 90% or any other SoC %. The SoC shown while charging is very imprecise, like it won’t report updates under 2kW (T8 doesn’t charge that fast).
- capability to unlock the charging cable when charged or remotely, it would make sharing public charging stations with others easier.
- I am not able any more to restart interrupted charges. That option was somehow short lived (it worked sometimes).
- battery temperature indicator or something to indicate reducir charging capabilities, could really be helpful. It is depressing to visit a charger and see the car pulling just 1.8kWh
- journal no longer show consumption, speed or any other points along the route; just A and B in the map.

·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m liking the new design so far, the data refresh/push is getting better in every version. There is still room to improve the support for charging

- limit SoC. charging to 100% every time can’t be good and I’m already starting to experience degradation. It is difficult to get to car in time to catch when it is up 90% or any other SoC %. The SoC shown while charging is very imprecise, like it won’t report updates under 2kW (T8 doesn’t charge that fast).
- capability to unlock the charging cable when charged or remotely, it would make sharing public charging stations with others easier.
- I am not able any more to restart interrupted charges. That option was somehow short lived (it worked sometimes).
- battery temperature indicator or something to indicate reducir charging capabilities, could really be helpful. It is depressing to visit a charger and see the car pulling just 1.8kWh
- journal no longer show consumption, speed or any other points along the route; just A and B in the map.
Just a quick comment since there is a lot here, but journal absolutely should work... I just checked a T8 I have linked to a VOC account and I see the whole trip and details.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just a quick comment since there is a lot here, but journal absolutely should work... I just checked a T8 I have linked to a VOC account and I see the whole trip and details.
Thanks for that confirmation, it is time to test the support option in the App 🙂 inquiry is sent out.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I see that there are new VOC features coming in May 2020. Any more hints on what is coming, such as alternatives to reliance on VOC 3G?

Volvo on Call with new features*

You will soon be able to track the electricity used and how much your car has been driven in electrified mode via the Volvo on Call app. ....

*New features available May 2020
Source: volvocars.com/uk

·
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that there are new VOC features coming in May 2020. Any more hints on what is coming, such as alternatives to reliance on VOC 3G?

Volvo on Call with new features*

You will soon be able to track the electricity used and how much your car has been driven in electrified mode via the Volvo on Call app. ....

*New features available May 2020
Source: volvocars.com/uk
The change quoted is to start tracking consumption of electric while driving. There are some promotions happening around that for the new XC40 Recharge.

The 3G, we're at least 4-6 months out, rest assured I'll post something when I have the news 🙂

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
The change quoted is to start tracking consumption of electric while driving. There are some promotions happening around that for the new XC40 Recharge.

The 3G, we're at least 4-6 months out, rest assured I'll post something when I have the news 🙂
Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts