SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a V60 Polestar and found the UK Volvo forums notably devoid of Polestar based discussion (with 5 owners), so have made an executive decision to hang out here instead in what seems to be quite a bustling community... any other UKers here?

So far I'm completely loving it - El Presidente pictured on the right is my daily driver and I've just picked up the Polestar half for the wife, half for me. She wanted something practical, so a Volvo wagon fit the bill. I wanted something impractical, so this particular Volvo wagon fit the bill - win.

·
Registered
61 Posts
<waves from Teesside>

Mines in Rebel Blue, which of course is the fastest . . .:partywave:

There is also one over in Cumbria that I know of. Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Congrats and welcome. I would have loved to have been able to buy white.

Great to hear praise from more UK owners & members.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did look long and hard at the smurf... I mean rebel blue, but not sure if it was a bit full on for my tastes on a permanent basis. And besides, it gives the game away in what's otherwise a total sleeper. I'm informed there are 10 white ones in the UK as well, which is a nice bonus... I mean, you see the blue polestars everywhere these days, right? ;)

I'm in sunny Nottingham myself

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
I did look long and hard at the smurf... I mean rebel blue, but not sure if it was a bit full on for my tastes on a permanent basis. And besides, it gives the game away in what's otherwise a total sleeper. I'm informed there are 10 white ones in the UK as well, which is a nice bonus... I mean, you see the blue polestars everywhere these days, right? ;)

I'm in sunny Nottingham myself
The white is gorgeous, but even moreso along side a black 7 series. For you, that is how I would do it. In California? Rebel Blue all day. People cannot get enough of it! There are so many amazing cars in SoCal and we've had some great ones, but people notice the Polestar, even school kids! Very fun for a change.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, but there are other Volvos available in Rebel Blue, not just the Polestar.

Seeing as you put your cars on, I'd better do the same !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The white is gorgeous, but even moreso along side a black 7 series. For you, that is how I would do it. In California? Rebel Blue all day. People cannot get enough of it! There are so many amazing cars in SoCal and we've had some great ones, but people notice the Polestar, even school kids! Very fun for a change.
Thanks. This time of year the 7er is black, but when the sun comes out it's a deep blue, Azurite black, it's called, e.g. http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2513.jpg

Yeah, but there are other Volvos available in Rebel Blue, not just the Polestar.
There's a V40 in the blue two doors down from me, and it looks pretty sharp as well. An M4 has recently moved in next door to that though, so I hardly notice the V40 any more :D

Double wagons, lots of labradors and/or children?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks. This time of year the 7er is black, but when the sun comes out it's a deep blue, Azurite black, it's called, e.g. http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2513.jpg

There's a V40 in the blue two doors down from me, and it looks pretty sharp as well. An M4 has recently moved in next door to that though, so I hardly notice the V40 any more :D

Double wagons, lots of labradors and/or children?
Couple of bigger kids, no dogs. I had no intention of going to buy another estate, but was swayed when I had a test drive. If truth be told it's far too big for me, but I like it all the same !
Couple of failed test drives of various Golfs, ignored in the MB and BMW dealers, so went for a browse in the Volvo dealers over the road. The rest is history!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Catch a glimpse of the 2015 Volvo S60 Polestar ($60,240) while you can. With only 40 of these panting Nordic tuner sedans coming to the U.S. for model year 2015, they are going to be rarer than Newt Gingrich canvassers...

XC70 2011 D5
Stop posting this on every thread! Mods, please do something about this! You got reprimanded for doing this on the XC90 threads and now you are doing it here. What is your issue?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Stop posting this on every thread! Mods, please do something about this! You got reprimanded for doing this on the XC90 threads and now you are doing it here. What is your issue?
And it would be appreciated if you stop quoting his post in yours !!! Lol

Wonder if this is another kcir sockpuppet. ...ban!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hoping to run into our Cumbrian owner at a Pistonheads visit to Ginetta cars this Sunday - will try and get some photos of the cars together!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hoping to run into our Cumbrian owner at a Pistonheads visit to Ginetta cars this Sunday - will try and get some photos of the cars together!!
Will be there, with OH, stopping in brighouse overnight, driving down sat night after she shuts up shop, so we can get there and make the most of the day..

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Didn't get to meet you, but managed to move the car to the other car park and get a couple of side by side photos
Hope you enjoyed the visit as much as we did

Polestar shining bright in this one

·
Registered
61 Posts
Any more owners from the right side of the pond ?

Taking mine to a big car event at Newby Hall (nr Ripon) tomorrow. 656 car tickets booked, so will be huge! Weather is forecast to be excellent too

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another white one ...

So now we know where some of the 10 white ones are in the UK; I'm in South Leicestershire - picture to follow. There's a black one nearby too.

I'm loving mine and would find it hard to know what to change it for if that time came. There doesn't seem to be anything out there with the same combination of compact size, adaptable interior, performance, noise and safety.

Might go to a PH SS meeting this year :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts