SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know part number of the newer style trunk emblem for a S60R.
Was behind a never C70 today and liked look , know it's been done on here before, local volvo dealer says they need Vin or part# to look up (lazy)...

Thanks

·
Registered
606 Posts
You could just space out the letters you already have on there. A few people on here have done it and I think it looks great. I have been meaning to do it but just haven't gotten around to it.

I do think the new letters are larger or wider though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What is the best way to remove the letters without ruining the paint?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
What is the best way to remove the letters without ruining the paint?
I used a hairdryer to remove the letters and 3M adhesive remover (any parts store) to clean the adhesive. After that I still needed to compound and seal the paint to remove the shadow.

Be careful with the hairdryer. You don't want to damage the paint - just warm the adhesive to remove the letter with a bone tool.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Heat and dental floss.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
space the letters 3.5 inches apart and you will have the "new" look.
The new logo letters are larger and wider though, so this looks a little odd with the smaller letters. I went slightly more conservative spacing (about 1.5-2" apart) with my existing lettering and it looks pretty amazing.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
space the letters 3.5 inches apart and you will have the "new" look.

edit: here is what mine looks like... nevermind the huge spoiler

What part number exactly did you purchase?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok , thanks for input , think im gonna go with the new emblem ,pt # 31283005 because I like the larger lettering and the fact they come already spaced...

Thanks ..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts