SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: New tranny / head gasket needed for 2004 XC90 T6 (kevinG)

Quote, originally posted by kevinG »

3) Are there confidential trade in programs for T6 owners? Perhaps to get them into a V8?

Not per se, but in my case (and several others) who had persistent problems Volvo does have some type of 'trade assist' $$$ to help out. For our 2003, I figured it was about $5K they were offering up, considering the potential resale value. I was glad to get rid of the '03, but keep in mind I had to eat our state's 5% sales tax, requiring us to pay the full tax on the new vehicle's purchase price, on a $50K vehicle, that was 50% of the cash they were offering up. I had to think long and hard before I decided to do the deal.

So far, so good with the V8 http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Only time will tell.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Re: New tranny / head gasket needed for 2004 XC90 T6 (dmd)

Quote, originally posted by dmd »

And ya jumped from a first year 2003, to a first year 2005(V8). No track record on one or the other.

yeah, some could call me..
...well lets not go there. I drove the 2.5 extensively and wanted/needed the capacity of the xc90, so v8 was only option if I wanted to take advantage of the 'help.' My reasoning was the fact that the v8 is built by Yahama and they've been making engines for awhile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts