·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I'm still a noob.. what are they?

·
Registered
997 Posts
02 sensor spacers...

-I've been trying to get rid of an 02 cel for months. w/ a spacer too.

·
Registered
261 Posts

I tried using the same spacer on my OBX but the angle on the bung was too much and it wouldn’t fit:mad:. So i spaced it out a little more with a plug de-fouler to get enough clearance. Long story short still had a code because O2 sensor was too far from exhaust stream:mad:

Where is the happy medium between too close and too far so it doesn’t throw a code?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I tried using the same spacer on my OBX but the angle on the bung was too much and it wouldn’t fit:mad:. So i spaced it out a little more with a plug de-fouler to get enough clearance. Long story short still had a code because O2 sensor was too far from exhaust stream:mad:

Where is the happy medium between too close and too far so it doesn’t throw a code?
Yo buddy, I got the universal one which is first on the list from these guys. Check it out, plus the other types they sell...maybe it will fix your issue?

http://boost-controller.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
997 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts

Cut it at the angle and grind it to re weld it at 45degre then it will clear the obx down pipe.
No chech eng light for a year with that setup

·
Registered
261 Posts
Cut it at the angle and grind it to re weld it at 45degre then it will clear the obx down pipe.
No chech eng light for a year with that setup
Not a bad idea, I've been living with the cel and when its time to get my sticker I just swap my stock DP in

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a bad idea, I've been living with the cel and when its time to get my sticker I just swap my stock DP in
This is what I was going to do, except that my car runs like **** when it runs open loop all the time.. I have to clear the code every other day

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
533 Posts
For me it was weird. I bought a spacer that was recommended here in the forums that had to be drilled out (I think a PepBoys part). Didn't work for me, CEL came back.
Finally bought a Blox racing spacer and didn't seem to work. So I was like WTF!?! CEL came back but then a week later I had to replace the battery in the car and went with an OEM battery. Then the CEL was gone!! Been on there since around April and even passed inspection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts