SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just signed for a 2019 s60 T6.
I'm knew to volvo, coming from an audi history...

I'm curious where do you shop online for volvo performance parts,?
Ex: exhausts, piggy backs?
And is the an obd port scanner that enables any extra features like on the audi?
I'd like to enable video in motion...

Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Welcome and congrats! I also have a '19 S60 T6, crazy good deals on them right now and can't beat an up to 10year/100,000 mile warranty if you chose it(everyone should!)

If you just want an immediate tune upgrade, you can get Polestar directly through Volvo.

For performance parts on these still very new gen cars they're mainly made by Heico, and sold by Viva performance in the USA, link to follow, you'll find suspension, exhaust, ECU, intake, and intercooler options. Very spendy stuff though!

https://www.vivaperformance.com/s60-v60-2019/

At least for a while I don't think there's going to be a particularly large aftermarket community for this gen but at least there is some for those wanting. Remember this is primarily a modest luxury car first that happens to be able to be a little sporty, not a sports car that happens to be luxury.

Your other option is just go custom on the exhaust like user visualv here did, this is his setup on the T6, though he reports he had to add an additional muffler in the straight section to eliminate a bad drone

As far as an OBD display/datalogger....no clue, probably but i haven't heard anyone try just yet. I have a Wifi one I'll try today on my car and will report back what stuff it can read.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys I just signed for a 2019 s60 T6.
I'm knew to volvo, coming from an audi history...

I'm curious where do you shop online for volvo performance parts,?
Ex: exhausts, piggy backs?
And is the an obd port scanner that enables any extra features like on the audi?
I'd like to enable video in motion...

Thanks guys!

I'm from the VW/Audi world as well. Volvo doesnt have the same easy options for upgrades like vagcom mods and support from tuners like APR.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm from the VW/Audi world as well. Volvo doesnt have the same easy options for upgrades like vagcom mods and support from tuners like APR.
That's what I was talking about:(
Too bad. Still cool car. Much more mature compared to my 2018 s4...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome and congrats! I also have a '19 S60 T6, crazy good deals on them right now and can't beat an up to 10year/100,000 mile warranty if you chose it(everyone should!)

If you just want an immediate tune upgrade, you can get Polestar directly through Volvo.

For performance parts on these still very new gen cars they're mainly made by Heico, and sold by Viva performance in the USA, link to follow, you'll find suspension, exhaust, ECU, intake, and intercooler options. Very spendy stuff though!

https://www.vivaperformance.com/s60-v60-2019/

At least for a while I don't think there's going to be a particularly large aftermarket community for this gen but at least there is some for those wanting. Remember this is primarily a modest luxury car first that happens to be able to be a little sporty, not a sports car that happens to be luxury.

Your other option is just go custom on the exhaust like user visualv here did, this is his setup on the T6, though he reports he had to add an additional muffler in the straight section to eliminate a bad drone

As far as an OBD display/datalogger....no clue, probably but i haven't heard anyone try just yet. I have a Wifi one I'll try today on my car and will report back what stuff it can read.
How does the polstar work? Is it a chip? How much does it usualy cost. Are there any other modules out like racechip??

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd be cautious with Racechips. Owners that have tried it have mixed reviews and have had check engine lights pop up. I saw one decided to return it.

Those piggie back modules send altered data to the ECU to trick it into requesting more boost and leaning out the fueling which is not safe.

I used to be an APR installer and have installed a few hundred APR tunes in the years I was doing it. I saw numerous engine failures and major issues develop from piggie backs.

I went with the Polestar tune until something more developed comes out from an aftermarket tuner.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The Volvo T6 and T8 engines are very complex. Switching from the supercharger to turbo is seemless, and a piggyback ECU might mess that up
Polestar is a factory tune that bumps up the torque and HP in mid-range revs, improve throttle response and tighten the shifting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Volvo T6 and T8 engines are very complex. Switching from the supercharger to turbo is seemless, and a piggyback ECU might mess that up
Polestar is a factory tune that bumps up the torque and HP in mid-range revs, improve throttle response and tighten the shifting.

Ok and is this something only volvo can do? Is it a part or does it need just a programming?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys what's the cost more or less? And what are the gains??

·
Registered
512 Posts
At the crank, the T6 pushes out 316hp / 295lb/ft. With Polestar tune, you get 330hp / 325lb/ft
The gains are mostly in mid-rev curve.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I got the V60 cc ordered with the Polestar tune, best power on the market and keeps the factory warranty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be cautious with Racechips. Owners that have tried it have mixed reviews and have had check engine lights pop up. I saw one decided to return it.

Those piggie back modules send altered data to the ECU to trick it into requesting more boost and leaning out the fueling which is not safe.

I used to be an APR installer and have installed a few hundred APR tunes in the years I was doing it. I saw numerous engine failures and major issues develop from piggie backs.

I went with the Polestar tune until something more developed comes out from an aftermarket tuner.

RaceChip = more boost. It does not "lean out the fueling". Long Term and Short Term Fuel Trim readings confirm this. I have yet to observe any warning lights nor have I thrown any DTCs during a deep scan of the ECM.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?593571-Race-chip-on-V90-CC&highlight=racechip

Within the posted thread two of three RaceChip users experienced problems but read the fine print. He had Polestar installed on his T6 as well.
The second user installed RaceChip on his T6 without Polestar and initially had problems but his problems went away after installing a new RaceChip.
I have yet to have any problems with the RaceChip GTS installed on my lowly T5.

If at a later date you decide to try an aftermarket tuner I would highly suggest you have your ECM reflashed to pre-Polestar specs. It doesn't make sense to try to increase boost on a ECM that's already been flashed to increase boost especially on a stage one engine with a turbocharger and supercharger installed. Two boost increases more than likely overlapping on the RPM curve. It's no wonder one of the T6 users reported Check Engine lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts