SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and new to volvo's. I just purchased a 1998 Volvo S70 and was hoping someone could run the vin for me, YV1LS5547W2443043. Also I do not have the owners manual and was hoping someone could point me towards the complete maintence schedule for these cars, and is there someplace where I can see a manual online or buy one? Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: New to Volvo (beef1020)

I forget but you can ask your (any Volvo) dealer. They will tell you where you can buy an owners manual for about $30.

What do you want to accomplish by running the VIN? I can run it to see what model you have but that's all.
1998 S70 non turbo

·
Registered
7,737 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

Quote, originally posted by beef1020 »
Thanks for the information. I really just wanted to know what options it came with and to see the previous owners information.
Don't you know what options you have?
A plain S70 (non turbo) probably not too many.
If you want a printout go to a Volvo dealer and have them print you out a sheet.
They will NOT give you any owners info and there is no way to get it from the VIN unless you worked at Volvo

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
You can get a used owners manual for a few bucks by searching online. Someplace like Erie Vovo or probably a number of the parts sites. I think most Volvo dealers will be nice and print you out info like what color codes (interior exterior etc) you have at least.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
eBay also has owner's manuals for cheap all the time. From '99 the S70's changed so make sure you get a '98 manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (MadeInJapan)

MadInJapan,

thanks for the welcome and the links, those were exactly what I was looking for.

Big Will,

Thanks for the suggestion about Erie Volvo, I will have to check them out.

JRL,

I know the options that were on the sheet from where I bought the car but I am not very farmiliar with Volvo's. That is in part why MakeinJapans link to the onwers manual will help a lot, I was just looking for as much info on the car as I can get.

Also, I was under the impression that you could do a carfax on a VIN number and it would give you some of the previous owners history. I know on the VW vorum I used to belong to, damn passat, if someone had paid for the carfax service they would offer to run anyone else's while they still had the membership. Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Nothing specific for the T5...they are all the same whether in paper back or on-line. Mine in my glove box is identical, page for page as what is on-line, from the link above. The T-5 is specifically mentioned through out the manual. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
860 Posts

You should have run a CARFAX report on this car before you bought it!. I ran a report for you and it's been in two accidents in two different states. Provide your e-mail address and I'll forward you the report.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: New to Volvo (echristodo)

Thanks for the offer, I ended up buying a carfax thing and ran it myself. I bought the car with a ten day money back warranty so I was not to worried about buying it prior to running a carfax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.