SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Im proud to say I just got a a 2010 S40 with 28k on the clock. I couldnt be happier with it. In all honesty, I had not considered Volvo as I knew very little about them. Initially I was in the market for a 3 series BMW or A4 Audi. I found the Volvo by a quirk as it was the only 5 spd sedan in the area that fit my search criteria online. After doing some research and test driving the car for a couple days, I fell in love with it. The amount of options it came with certainly put the first vehicle choices to shame, and it drove just as well by my estimation. Any tips or advice is welcome.

Best Regards,

-M

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Welcome to SS and congrats!!!

At the time I purchased mine I was too looking at Audi and VW. In the end I decided for the Volvo since compared to what Audi cost and/or VW reliability I was getting much more and in places better designed.
There were things I really did not want to give up such as powered front driver AND passenger heated seats. Not mentioning comfortable!
Comparing price at the time S40 was against A3 (not A4) or Jetta and the A3 was kind of cramped and lacking those good features. Jetta greatly lacked character.

Audi is still top notch in terms of interior quality compared to Volvo but Volvo was just less busy and cleaner I thought.

Anyway, hopefully you'll love it for a long time and SS (SwedeSpeed) is the perfect place to look for any help you can imagine to improve, maintain, or fix your new Volvo. IMO there is no questions you should not ask if it helps you get the job done :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt consider the A3 due to its layout on the interior. I have driven a lot of cars in my day. My vehicle search took me a long time and I had considered quite a few vecles before deciding on another import. My old car was a VW Passat GLS which I adored. It got a lot of miles on it and I just wanted to get something newer.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
congrats and welcome! now piks!!!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Agreed, welcome and congrats.
Now, picks or it's a VW Beetle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course, I can post pic soon enough. Are there any diy walkthroughs for oil changes and brake pad jobs? I still have a warranty, but would like to know for future reference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pictures of the new ride:
I got a woderful price on it as it was the end of the month for the car dealership and they needed the lot space. I always buy cars at the end of the month for this reason. Price was about $4,500 off book.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Ohhhhhh white ftw! Very hot. Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts