SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to Volvo and just grabbed a 2004 s60r with high miles (201K) to play with for what i think is a pretty good price.

Always loved these cars and have admired from afar. Just getting it to ride around in and take some miles off my '13 JKU.

The owner is a volvo mechanic and works at a volvo dealer. Car looks clean and has a clean carfax.
New inspection and suspension/tires/brakes have all been replaced in the last year or so.

Any quick upgrades or add on's that are a must?

Any pointers?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
What's the status on the timing belt? You're approaching what should be the second timing belt replacement mileage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll verify that it was changed.. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Stick or auto? At this mileage, if its still got the original turbo and angle gear collar you could be in for some expensive repairs soon.

I love my aging 2004 SR MT, but as they age they start needing replacement parts. If you can turn your own wrenches its not bad, but if you have to pay to get her worked on you had better budget about a hundred dollars a month to keep up with it all.

Lots of luck though, perhaps you can be the exception if you are lucky. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Maintenance history is key. See what information the previous owner can give you which shows the details of all that has been done.

The advice for where to start is most easily described as "Stage 0" refresh.

·
Registered
453 Posts
What area of VA? There's a great Indy shop in the south Richmond area in case you need help with any repair/maintenance/ridiculousness

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So got her picked up; pleased so far.. Few little things (cosmetic) to clean up but runs strung and common major mechanical things have been addressed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts