SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a life long BMW fan, and happened to come across a s60r, fell in love, and bought it. Really impressed so far. Think it's tuned. Has evolve stickers, contacted them and trying to find out if or not. ( anyway to tell? ) I noticed when I got it yesterday that the coolant was low and filled it up. Today light came on...coolant low. Couldn't find a leak, will look tomorrow again. Oil at the oil filler cap is brown and thick, almost like tar. Coolant in oil? Oh yeah 2004 s60r 75k miles.

Thanks and nice to meet ya'll

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome.

Need pics asap or else everyone will think you have a camry. Why do you think it's tuned? I could throw a IPD sticker on my car and it still won't be tuned(although I wish it was that easy).

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Welcome.

Need pics asap or else everyone will think you have a camry. Why do you think it's tuned? I could throw a IPD sticker on my car and it still won't be tuned(although I wish it was that easy).
IPD stickers yield the same HP gain as their tune... Same with Elevate.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure. Just assuming about the tune, I'd only put sticker on if I had the tune....guess not all agree. Post pix once I wax

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Cracker overflow reservoir or bad radiator could be your coolant problem.

Welcome and good luck...it sounds like you are going to need it!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Welcome. The radiators on these cars have a habit of cracking at the mounting points near the end-tank seams; your situation seems more extreme if topping it off didn't solve the problem for more than one day though.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Welcome. I am also a BMW guy but needed a DD so I recently got a VR. What BMW do you or did you drive? Are you on bimmerforums?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome. I am also a BMW guy but needed a DD so I recently got a VR. What BMW do you or did you drive? Are you on bimmerforums?
I'm on 1addicts.com. Currently have 135i, had a bunch of beemers over the years though. Just sold my z3 conv, (summer car) got a awd Volvo ( winter car) :)

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts