SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, greetings from a new R owner, formerly a MB/Benzworld member, and have been trolling the board for a few weeks to avoid a painfully stupid first post...

Does anyone know where I can get a mandrel bent air intake in shiny green metallic?
(OK, kidding, I read the CAI threads ad nauseum, and yes, I will want one of Kelly's kits, just not yet).

So, getting it home was great, 2 seconds to find torx heads for the drill to get the sock off, and I'm loving it. Fast, fast, fast; like most fast gals, she has a bit of a booty, but I'm used o it already.

I saw in a thread (yes, I searched, didn't find it) that some did some vinyl or someother material static sticker for the headlights in order to reduce the hideous orange reflector appearance - can anyone steer me to them? I cannot go for the euro-head lights, but I'd lke to get the look close...

Anyway, pix soon, nice to be here - I've already found it as helpful as Benzworld.org (a very big compliment, I loved that board) and look forward to modding with y'all.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Congrats and welcome to SS

Your already on the right start searching for topics and all

·
Registered
14,121 Posts
Re: New to Volvo and the R... (LawyeRRR)

Congrats on the new ride!

I especially like your color combo.

Do you notice any difference with the sock off?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome - naw, no real difference with the sock off, maybe a slight placebo effect in thinking its a little louder and a little more hair-throttle-ish in Advanced Mode (remember, I have a GT...)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (LawyeRRR)

Welcome! About your headlight film. The main reason for this product is to keep the lights pit free. Color is just a bonus. Xpel.com has the best 40mil in three colors..smoked, yellow and blue. Enjoy it here in the R forum. Rick

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
welcome to swedespeed my friend!

with all of the R heads floating around, you are sure to find all you need http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (Mash)

Quote, originally posted by Mash »
Welcome! About your headlight film. The main reason for this product is to keep the lights pit free. Color is just a bonus. Xpel.com has the best 40mil in three colors..smoked, yellow and blue. Enjoy it here in the R forum. Rick

The Xpel treatment is a good idea. I think he's thinking more of the silver / white "pass through" type of film to get rid of the egg yolk look of the front turn signals. I know a couple people have done it, but I can't remember who or I'd search for it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Needsdecaf has it right - I lacked the vocabulary to define what it was I was seeking - exactly right on! Thanks...anyone know who might have done this?
I understand that I'll have to get the silvered/stealth bulbs, too....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Re: New to Volvo and the R... (LawyeRRR)

Welcome ... and what was your sign-in over at Benzworld??? I have been a faithful member of the R170 board for years as well as a moderator over at BNZSport since it began under the user name Kühl Carbon . Maybe we know each other
?

Anyway, I am a relatively new R owner as well and have enjoyed the car as well as this board, as much, if not more than my MB experience. Congrats.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: New to Volvo and the R... (Quick Brick)

I was (and still am, I guess
) Ian on the W163 forum....

Thanks for the welcome and congrats - I am very happy with the R!

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (tray)

Quote, originally posted by tray »
Search is horrendous, but yeah, don't let that deter you

Actually I did a search for this for about 10 minutes last night and I couldn't find anything. I searched under egg yolk, turn signals, film, a whole bunch of stuff but I couldn't find any of the old threads I remember seeing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: New to Volvo and the R... (needsdecaf)

lol - with this search, half the time it's dumb luck picking the right search string.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Re: New to Volvo and the R... (Wayne T5)

Quote, originally posted by Wayne T5 »
Do you notice any difference with the sock off?

What sock???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts