SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after our 2000 V70 decided to toast its transmission we had to move over to an XC-70. The v70 did serve us well, we had 425k miles on her so can't complain. Stumbled across a very well taken care of 2011 xc70 last night after looking at the v60's. Wife went back today drove and ended up buying. Car has 83k miles, has the 3.2 motor and loaded with tech stuff. Plenty of things to repair in the future I am sure. Car looks like new. Seats seem like never sat in, exterior great shape, car seems was hardly used. Hopefully we get a few miles out of her.

I have one immediate question, how do you make these things look nice. Try as I might, I hate the looks of the thing. Just Blah. Any ideas. I was thinking getting black plastic wrapped to match body color may help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pLtcF5QArmFD8acU8

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Twilight Bronze with a slight shade difference looks very good for the cladding, I'm not sure other colors will. But removing them is easy. Remove them and take it to a Maaco or something and have them painted body color. Do it for the sake of the internet and the curiosity that everyone has.

P2 xc's have a occasional history of people doing this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
The silver metallic is one of the better colors....good contrast with black cladding. Would mud flaps add to a more finished look??

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Well, after our 2000 V70 decided to toast its transmission we had to move over to an XC-70. The v70 did serve us well, we had 425k miles on her so can't complain. Stumbled across a very well taken care of 2011 xc70 last night after looking at the v60's. Wife went back today drove and ended up buying. Car has 83k miles, has the 3.2 motor and loaded with tech stuff. Plenty of things to repair in the future I am sure. Car looks like new. Seats seem like never sat in, exterior great shape, car seems was hardly used. Hopefully we get a few miles out of her.

I have one immediate question, how do you make these things look nice. Try as I might, I hate the looks of the thing. Just Blah. Any ideas. I was thinking getting black plastic wrapped to match body color may help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pLtcF5QArmFD8acU8
It only needs 3 things:
1-19” OEM VOLVO wheels,...your choice...
2-Mudflaps
3-SideScuff

The result:

One day R design mirror caps perhaps but thats about it... oh and a roofspoiler -goodluck with your already good looking car.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts