SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,261 Posts
I think your first problem was buying a 99 instead of a '00- and up. The key you bought off eBay can probably be programmed at the dealership, but like JRL said sometimes they don't work. Your service light is on probably because it needs its 105,000 or 115,000 mile "check-up" or you may have a serious problem i.e. your tranny light. You need to bring your car to the dealership a.s.a.p. Do you know if the timing belt was replaced at 105,000 miles like it is recommended? Also does your vehicle have all of the service records?

· Registered
8,261 Posts
Call your local dealership...they'll tell you....but i would still be worried about that timing belt.

Think of it this way a '99 s80 is like Windows ME is was released with a ton of bugs untill XP came out (2000 s80's)

· Registered
8,261 Posts
Just go to your local Volvo dealership and get in good with one of the guys (it helps service lights etc reset in my car for free) and just have them check it out. It might cost a few hundred but in the end its going to save your ass....that timing belt if it has not been replaced could cost you your car...best person to talk to other than your Volvo dealer seems to be JRL. He knows what he is talking about....try to get in contact with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.