SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got my first Volvo and is a 2004 S60R with 149k miles, any insight from others would be great

As now everything seems to work except for the alarm module

Not sure if this is normal but the front sets lower than the back, I saw someone had used V70 Springs on a front suspension rebuild

The headlights point straight down , I have read that I would need to adjust all the way down and then use Vida to re-level

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Welcome to Club R. Nice color. Take your time with this caR. Learn to respect her. Fix everything electrical and mechanical first. The alarm to me is important. It may need a new module from FCP or battery replacement if the board is not burnt.

Clean all negative and positive connections and reseat all relays and fuses in all the locations. Of course disconnect the battery.

Now buy VIDA and scan the car. AWD is a different world. I have had my VR for 3 years and I finally understand this car. I am ready for my build. They only made 823 (less than 1000). MY05 VR’s. I want to make this one lasts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That plastic trim definitely needs to be painted to match the red if it isn't on your list already. Planning to do the same to my 04 metallic, but it at least blends in with the dark color so I can hold off on doing that for awhile. My alarm module is busted too and its making the sunroof not function because if the alarm module is broke, it will make the sunroof not function (correct me if I'm wrong, at least it's like that for mine).

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes. Sunroof shouldn’t work. I am a ragtop man so the sunroof is important to me. The sun makes the ride that much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts