SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Depends on how much money you want to drop. Before you do any performance make sure everything you have works properly or you are going to drop money on something and then have another thing break. Off the top of my head I can recommend intake, exhaust, down pipe, aluminum charge pipe, and then stiffen it up with braces (trunk, strut) and put in poly mounts for the engine and trans. And then tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I did little research and seems like these models cnt handle as much as 2.4t

stock 04 s60 & highly modded c70 19t

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
From everything I've read and and seen about 400 chp is the most you can get the motor to without upgrading internals. Even at that number though you're pushing it.
Cosmetically though wheels, lowering with coil springs is great. Add some anti sway bars in there and you'll be very happy. Definitely poly mounts as mentioned. Xenons are a good upgrade too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
ideas based on your photo:

1. I vote for new headlights, those look pretty rough, do they even put out much light in the dark? It will make the car look 5 years newer and 100% better. You can get a set of TYC headlights on eBay for cheap.
2. Get a can of black plastidip and paint your bumper trim strips and the rub strips on the side of the doors. again it will look 100% sharper.
3. Get a Rica stage I tune and see if it is enough before going further, the difference in a LHP car is substantial.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was in the same position as you about 1 and a half ago.
Best thing to do is Stage 0:
-Timing Belt
-Water Pump
-Spark Plugs
-Transmission Flash
(FCP Euro would be the best place to get all the parts for a Stage 0 job. )

After That
- Intake
-Suspension (Coilovers which will allow more power to the ground instead of power getting lost in components)
-Exhaust
-Tune

If you budget can stretch Turbo upgrades, Injectors

CHeers,

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I have an '04 2.5T also myself. No real mods yet, but I did put in HIDs as soon as I got it along with warning cancellers plugged inline with those. I also got a set of LamineX yellow cover films for the fog lights, and they look great.

What's a good way to go intake and exhaust wise on these cars? I come from previously owning an '01 S40 (ran 17psi boost on it among a couple other minor mods) and know for those cars, simply cutting out resonators and secondary cat along with essentially straight piping from the downpipe to the muffler was the way to go really. Does the same apply to this model?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have an '04 2.5T also myself. No real mods yet, but I did put in HIDs as soon as I got it along with warning cancellers plugged inline with those. I also got a set of LamineX yellow cover films for the fog lights, and they look great.

What's a good way to go intake and exhaust wise on these cars? I come from previously owning an '01 S40 (ran 17psi boost on it among a couple other minor mods) and know for those cars, simply cutting out resonators and secondary cat along with essentially straight piping from the downpipe to the muffler was the way to go really. Does the same apply to this model?
Intake wise you can just get a drop in k and n filter and either a snap or ipd intake elbow. Or you could go with a ci intake. There's also the bsr filter too.
Exhaust you'd want a 3in downpipe with a cat back. I don't reccomend straight piping unless you want ungodly loud

·
Registered
147 Posts
Intake wise you can just get a drop in k and n filter and either a snap or ipd intake elbow. Or you could go with a ci intake. There's also the bsr filter too.
Exhaust you'd want a 3in downpipe with a cat back. I don't reccomend straight piping unless you want ungodly loud

K&N sucks at filtering, don't get one of those. They also don't flow much better because the surface area is so low

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I've used a K&N on other cars I've had, and while they sound better, the oil in them can cause problems, namely in IAC valves and also at the TB where it can build up after passing through. I've debated on getting one for this car, but would rather get a similar option that runs dry instead of using oil on it. Thanks for the intake suggestions!

And apologies, I meant a cat-back and not a true straight pipe, but basically piping, maybe ONE resonator and a muffler. I don't need the world to know I'm coming up the street, just something that benefits the performance of the car somewhat. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts