SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New to the forum, and have a couple S60 specific questions

3K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  blackTT55 
Re: (wizzard_al)

Quote, originally posted by wizzard_al »
Never heard any complaints about them. The normally aspirated 02 has the ETM problem, but not the turbos, or at least that is what someone else has posted.

Hi fellows,

Couple of questions,

1. I checked the ETM on my 2001 S60 T5 and noticed the label was yellow and it said Magneta Millnegna (something like that). Does this mean the ETM was already replaced?

2. I notice the transmission fluid on my car is dark, kinda brownish. Does this mean it's time for a trans service? How often should the trans fluid be changed?

btw, I just purchased the car 1 week ago with 60K miles.

Thanks,

Re: (JRL)

Quote, originally posted by JRL »

Yes and yes. If it's "brownish" DO IT ASAP
(Not a bad idea to flush the fluid at 60K anyway, good or bad color)

Hi,

I'm getting some conflicting info here. The guys at Volvospeed are saying my ETM is still the original one. I thought the original had the white label?

Regarding the ATF. Can I use the mobil 3309 as a substitute or not? Some claims it can and others do not recomend it.

Thanks,

Re: (blackTT55)

WTF... I just called the dealer to get a quote on transmission service and he said $410.00.

WTF.. $410.00 ????

He said the 2001 S60 T5 model uses the special synthetic fluid and no substitute out there. Is this true???
I heard mobil 3309 can be use. Please let me know ASAP so I can get started. I really don't want to spend $410.00, thats just ridiculous.

Thanks,

Re: New to the forum, and have a couple S60 specific questions (fredmc)

Quote, originally posted by fredmc »
Disregard anything TT55 (black) says. He just got booted for the second time from another volvo forum for being a child.

Gives a tremendous amount of misinformation and demands answers from other. Just a heads up guys. And don't mention synthetic fluids (which there are none approved for the S-60) to JS3309 standard. Which is really Mobil 3309. The approved fluid. He got his pumped full of cheapo synthetic intended for manual transmissions.

This guy is from another volvo forum and following me and harrassing me. He states that mobil 3309 is the required ATF for our S60. He also claims that owners manual states not to use synthetic ATF for S60 T5 automatic transmission. So, I called up Rusnak Volvo and ask them what is the required ATF for a 2001 S60 T5. They told me (strongly suggest) not to use anything else but the volvo synthetic ATF on this car. So I replied to his post and gave him the number to call Rusnak Volvo at (626) 577-6661 to validate his claim. He never replied back to that thread. Now he's following me around harrassing me.

btw, I don't think he even has an S60.

Everyone can go to that forum and read all my post. I was not the one that started flaming. basically these clowns over there seem to think they are know it alls... the moderator there was misinforming me and said the yellow ETM is the original. Then this guy fredmc insist that the oem volvo ATF part # 1161540 is not synthetic and that the tranny on this car should not be synthetic. Like I said, I called Rusnak Volvo and they said the 01 S60 ATF is synthetic. Anyone here is welcome to call the parts dept. at Rusnak Volvo at (626) 577-6661 to confirm. I mean if anyone knows... shouldn't they? Make the call and come to your own conclusion.

BTW, stop following me around dude.. and stop IM ing me

One more thing.. on that forum.. if you prove them wrong there.. they will flame you, edit your post and ban you.

I'm not going to waste my time with this guy..

It's simple, take a minute of your time and call Rusnak Volvo at (626) 577-6661 or any Volvo dealer and ask the parts dept. what type of ATF does an 01 S60 T5 automatic use (require) and if it is synthetic or not. End of story.

Re: (fredmc)

Can someone get this guy off by back..

I've just called Bozzani Volvo in addition to Rusnak Volvo and they say 1161540-8 is full synthetic @ $65.00 PER GALLON. This was what my mechn used to flush my tranny. 2 Volvo dealers can't be wrong.. can they?

Rusnak (626) 577-6661
Bozzani (626) 736-4275

This clown is OWNED! stop making a fool out of yourself

Modified by blackTT55 at 11:14 AM 4-27-2006

Modified by blackTT55 at 11:15 AM 4-27-2006

Re: (fredmc)

btw, it was actually a drain and re-fill on my part. only 4 quarts could be drained and refilled.

See.. this guy is a know it all... so you know more about ATF on an S60 than the service guys at the dealership? They (authorized Volvo dealers) are not as smart as you are I guess...

The phone numbers are there genius.. give em a call yourself. I don't want to call them twice a day inquiring about the same thing.

Re: (mtaviator)

Quote, originally posted by mtaviator »
Ummmmm........ Guys, I really didn't mean to start a war with my questions. Thank you both for trying to help me out. Maybe you 2 should just part ways and move on.

I agree but don't you wonder why he was so upset at me, follows me from one forum to another and starts flaming me?
I wonder that myself...
Anyways, if you go back and read, his argument is that part#1161540-8 is NOT synthetic. I have called 2 reputable Volvo dealers, Rusnak and Bozzani and both told me ATF # 1161540-8 is full synthetic and is required for 2001 S60, I asked them if they were certain and they kinda got pissed cuzz they got insulted. Now he's jumping around to js 3309 and mobil.
fredmc, you say mobil 3309 is repackage for volvo but it is not synthetic... my question is how can it be repackaged if volvo ATF #1161540-8 is fully synthetic. No flaming so can you explain that without using hostility.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.