SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Connor and I just recently picked up a 2006 S60R GT.
The car is 100% stock except for the wheels.
The car is electric silver with nordkap interior and has 105K miles. From what I can tell it seems to have every option from the factory except atacama and the sport kit.
Also has the dealer installed ipod option from Phatnoise.
I am really looking forward to learning more about these cars. This is my first Volvo but my dad has a 2005 S40 T5 AWD and had a 2002 S40 turbo before that.
My previous car was a 1988 Toyota Supra that was my baby and was unfortunately totaled due to another driver.:mad:

Since purchasing the car I have had the transmission flushed the radiator flushed the oil changed one of the lower intercooler hoses replaced, two seals in the transmission replaced, new tires, resonator deleted and the EBD removed.

All in all I love the car and am looking forward to many years of owneRship:)

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Looks like it's in great shape. Nice looking car.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Congrats and welcome to SS!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Welcome conner great looking and clean!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Nice looking.
Seals in transmission?????

·
Registered
2004 S60R 6M - 2006 V70R 6M - 2014 XC60 R-Design OSD - 2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum
1,796 Posts
Connor,

Welcome to Volvo and to RRR world. You are in a great location to explore mods for your caR. Both ipd and ARD are in your neighborhood and are very friendly to work with. Enjoy your RRR.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice looking.
Seals in transmission?????
Ya it had a small transmission leak that showed up like a week after I got it home. I took it to my local Volvo shop and they found the culprit to be two seals in the transmission they threw some new seals in and flushed the whole thing and its been great.

Thanks for all the replys everyone!!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
connoR,

Car looks great, seems you have every option except sport kit. Atacama/Nordkap/Gobi are all S60R and V70R seat options, your option is Nordkap that's all. :)

Very mint looking, enjoy the car!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
connoR,

Car looks great, seems you have every option except sport kit. Atacama/Nordkap/Gobi are all S60R and V70R seat options, your option is Nordkap that's all. :)

Very mint looking, enjoy the car!
Thanks! I did not know that about the interior, I thought atacama was considered an option because it cost extra. Good to know!!

Here are some pics of the Supra

Was my pride and joy. I spent so much time and money on this car just to have it all taken away by some guy making an illegal U-turn

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Thanks! I did not know that about the interior, I thought atacama was considered an option because it cost extra. Good to know!!

Here are some pics of the Supra

Was my pride and joy. I spent so much time and money on this car just to have it all taken away by some guy making an illegal U-turn
I don't want to remind you of your accident or anything, but your Supra is currently on Copart.com -

Here's the link:
http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch...e1s1&lotId=24833532&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Atacama WAS a $1500 option, both other interiors were standard
I really wish people would stop posting INCORRECT INFO

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yeah that sucks about the accident - new R looks nice. Just curious, was the frame damaged on the supra? From the pics it looks like the engine compartment is okay and only the bumper & front quarter are bad.

Were you just tired of it and not interested in repairing?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah that sucks about the accident - new R looks nice. Just curious, was the frame damaged on the supra? From the pics it looks like the engine compartment is okay and only the bumper & front quarter are bad.

Were you just tired of it and not interested in repairing?
A portion of the frame was crumpled and we could not source the part to fix it. Also the whole engine would have had to come out we would have had to cut out the bad part of the frame and weld in the new piece. so it was going to be over 1000 bucks to fix the frame and it still needed a new fender a new front bumper, lip, nose panel, paint and whatever else was broken.
So I decided it was time for something new

·
Registered
919 Posts
Fair enough, long life to your new R!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fair enough, long life to your new R!
Thanks!!
The caR has been running great so far and I was just curious what mods you guys recommend doing first?
I have already removed the EBD and resonator just wondering if there are any other must do mods to help prevent issues down the road. The car currently has 106K on the clock.
Not to worried about making the car faster....yet but any thing I can do to prolong parts of the car from normal wear and tear would be great.
Thanks
Connor

1 - 20 of 20 Posts