SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone. Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am a new owner of 2016 Volvo S60 R-Design. Just picked it up couple of days ago. Been so busy that I have not had the chance to take any good pictures yet, plus it has been raining here for the past couple of days as well. Will post some pics as soon as I get a chance. Was really considering S60/V60 Polestar, but just could not justify the cost to the wife :). I come from a long history of Subaru WRX STis (among many other cars) but after owning my newest one (for just over a year), I had to trade it in since wife would not even ride in it anymore (too rough, too loud, headaches lol). So S60 R is a good compromise I think.

I love to keep myself busy and mod my cars, when I am not swamped with work and kids, but as for what I am going to do with the car yet, I am not completely sure still. Still have a lot of research to do, as I am still fairly new to Volvos. First thing I am thinking is the genuine Polestar front spoiler. Stay tuned.

Here couple of pics of what I used to own:

Here are couple of pics of my last 2 cars:

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
A 10th Anniversary Rubi or '14 Rubi X? I almost got another JKU but I found a '07 XC90 V8 in Passion Red last week that I couldn't pass up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 10th Anniversary Rubi or '14 Rubi X? I almost got another JKU but I found a '07 XC90 V8 in Passion Red last week that I couldn't pass up.
Yep it was 14 Rubi X.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well done and welcome. I'd say the S60R will be a luxurious step up, but not dissing the WRX--got a nephew who won't give his up for nothing--sweet little ride on engine #2.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new S60RD and your wife will appreciate the comfort of the S60 over the STi for sure. Whereabouts in NJ are you?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done and welcome. I'd say the S60R will be a luxurious step up, but not dissing the WRX--got a nephew who won't give his up for nothing--sweet little ride on engine #2.
Thanks yes I am sure she will appreciate it quite a bit more.

Congrats on the new purchase! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new S60RD and your wife will appreciate the comfort of the S60 over the STi for sure. Whereabouts in NJ are you?
I live in central Jersey, South River.

Here are a couple of quick picks that I just took.

The car is clean but it really needs some paint correction to get rid of some swirl marks and fine hair scratches probably from the prep guys. Hopefully the weather will play nice so I can get my Porter-Cable out and go to work on this. Then put couple of coats of KLASSE All-In-One and Sealant Glaze, and get it ready for winter.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

The car is clean but it really needs some paint correction to get rid of some swirl marks and fine hair scratches probably from the prep guys. Hopefully the weather will play nice so I can get my Porter-Cable out and go to work on this. Then put couple of coats of KLASSE All-In-One and Sealant Glaze, and get it ready for winter.
Ahh you are very close to me, I'm in Colonia (Woodbridge), we go down to South River fairly often to some of the Portuguese places. I see you bought yours from Prestige, same place I got my last two R-Design's from; my cousin Brandon works the Parts Department there. Prestige's Prep Guys are flat out terrible and basically pull the plastic off and spray some water on the car and say its ready, lmao! First thing I did was bring it home, corrected and sealed the paint and detailed everything else on the vehicle; prep guys also missed the damaged drivers door (thankfully I saw that one before I drove off the lot).

My wife's 2016 XC60 had the busy back emblems and I changed it out to the larger T6:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh you are very close to me, I'm in Colonia (Woodbridge), we go down to South River fairly often to some of the Portuguese places. I see you bought yours from Prestige, same place I got my last two R-Design's from; my cousin Brandon works the Parts Department there. Prestige's Prep Guys are flat out terrible and basically pull the plastic off and spray some water on the car and say its ready, lmao! First thing I did was bring it home, corrected and sealed the paint and detailed everything else on the vehicle; prep guys also missed the damaged drivers door (thankfully I saw that one before I drove off the lot).
Ahh nice practically neighbors :) . Prestige Volvo gave me the best price on the car, plus they had what I wanted. So overall worked out very well.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Looks pretty damn nice! Congrats and welcome!

Put your tire pressure at 36 psi, she'll appreciate the ride more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks pretty damn nice! Congrats and welcome!

Put your tire pressure at 36 psi, she'll appreciate the ride more.
Thank you. Will do. Going to take for out for a nice ride tomorrow. Looks like it will be a nice day out.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Damn... that's some shiny paint!

I'm up North of your... Montville. Bought our two Volvos from Prestige as well.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Congrats on the new RD - they are great cars.

Just a quick note to check to see that the shipping spacers have been removed from the front springs. They are black and are a little hard to see but many dealers forget to remove them, especially so if Prestige's prep area is not as detailed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on the new RD - they are great cars.

Just a quick note to check to see that the shipping spacers have been removed from the front springs. They are black and are a little hard to see but many dealers forget to remove them, especially so if Prestige's prep area is not as detailed.
Thanks for the tip. Will definitely check it this morning.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I've got my feet pretty firmly planted in the wagon camp, but God DAMN that's a handsome S.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Damn that is stunning! Makes me want to trade up

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ahh nice practically neighbors :) . Prestige Volvo gave me the best price on the car, plus they had what I wanted. So overall worked out very well.
Congrats on the new car! Glad to see another one of us in Jersey. I'm in Livingston, town over from Prestige Volvo. Got my '13 RD from them as well. I met up with PureDrive07 to buy an all weather trunk mat from him for my car too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like there are plenty of NJ guys here. Do any of you ever go to or have gone/have any meets/gatherings for Volvo (Volvo clubs and such)?

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Looks like there are plenty of NJ guys here. Do any of you ever go to or have gone/have any meets/gatherings for Volvo (Volvo clubs and such)?
There are some larger meet up's through out the year, it being December now there aren't many large meet up's until Spring/Summer. But some of us do periodically hang out from time to time in smaller settings.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I occasionally go to cars & coffee around our area. They meet up in several places about every other week. Not so much now in the winter, but i believe they start back up again in the spring? They meet up in Morristown, Chatham, Long Valley to name a few. I believe these are the more common ones. I haven't gone to volvo specific ones yet though

1 - 20 of 40 Posts