SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I really enjoy driving the lifted XC as a daily more than the lowered VR. If I’m only going to keep one of the two P80s, the VR is lower miles and in much better condition. The good news is that it’s all bolt on, so I “could” technically go up and down by season.

I don’t think SS allows for Buick build threads. . Here it is in it’s former glory.

The plan is to color match it to the VR though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have the 3.8 SFI intercooled? I really like the Cutlass front end!

I had an 84 hot air WH1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
844 Posts
wow you got 6-7" of lift ? You made quick work of that. It's not for me, but like others have said, you have crazy skills and well done !

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
I’m not sold on the look just yet myself. Mostly because I’m so used to it lowered I think. It’ll get better once I add accessories and stuff. It’s kind of like the first time I saw a lifted Porsche. Now, the usability is awesome so far. Much easier to get in/out of and with all the road construction and inclement weather going, it’s awesome. In fact, it “might” have saved it’s first life this morning. On my way to work this morning a rabbit ran out at the very last second and I didn’t feel anything, so I’m hoping it went right under.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
If ever a P80 needed one of those mud splash style stickers, this would be it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I need to tuck the exhaust up a bit and I’ll have around 11” of ground clearance (before I add skid plates.

I think I’m going to build the roof rack from scratch. Any of you guys do off road things?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I need to tuck the exhaust up a bit and I’ll have around 11” of ground clearance (before I add skid plates.

I think I’m going to build the roof rack from scratch. Any of you guys do off road things?

My brother does overland racks for a bunch of trucks here in Bend Oregon. It's all mig welded mild steel and heavy AF.

Would you be willing to make another set of those subframe and strut spacers? Then of course I'd be curious about how much?

I already planned on making my own coilovers for the front like you did and was going to go get some bne coilovers.

What springs front and rear did you end up with?

Did you do QA1 shocks in the rear?

I desperately want my VR to look as sweet

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
I’ll hit you back with exactly everything used this evening. Busy day right now.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
My brother does overland racks for a bunch of trucks here in Bend Oregon. It's all mig welded mild steel and heavy AF.

Would you be willing to make another set of those subframe and strut spacers? Then of course I'd be curious about how much?

I already planned on making my own coilovers for the front like you did and was going to go get some bne coilovers.

What springs front and rear did you end up with?

Did you do QA1 shocks in the rear?

I desperately want my VR to look as sweet

I’d be happy to make you a set of strut spacers. I have an extra set of the rear shock spacers too. I don’t have subframe spacers in yet, unless you mean the torque arm spacers. If so, I’d have to machine those. Do you already have the parts to make a set of front coilovers? I have an extra set of all the pieces (sleeves, washers, bearings and modified spring seats), just not extra lift springs. I do have an extra set of 1000.250.300 Eibach springs

Here’s what I used for springs, but I may put in a softer set.
Front: Eibach 1200.250.275 (12”, 2.5”, 275lb)
Rear: Eibach 1400.300.300 (14”, 3”, 300lb)

I’m using the nivomats in the rear still. Although I think the 300lb spring rate would be good for non-Nivomat cars. I plan on putting some weight in the back though, so I may leave what’s in there for a while until I can see.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Poured some cement steps at the house this weekend. Had 800lbs of Quickrete in the back on this run. I really need to figure out the best way to slide the rear subframe back some. Maybe like 3/4”. Since I dropped the torque arm point down some, it changed the travel arc enough that while it helped clearances at ride height, it increases contact during suspension travel. It’ll be something to work through.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Poured some cement steps at the house this weekend. Had 800lbs of Quickrete in the back on this run. I really need to figure out the best way to slide the rear subframe back some. Maybe like 3/4”. Since I dropped the torque arm point down some, it changed the travel arc enough that while it helped clearances at ride height, it increases contact during suspension travel. It’ll be something to work through.

Curious what the stance look liked in profile with 800#s

I haven't purchased anything yet and I'm definitely interested in the seats and spacers you have. PM me with pricing please.

Might even take those springs. Looking to raise it up but maybe not quite as tall as where you have it right now.

Where you at on the coil spring adjusters curiously?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Curious what the stance look liked in profile with 800#s

I haven't purchased anything yet and I'm definitely interested in the seats and spacers you have. PM me with pricing please.

Might even take those springs. Looking to raise it up but maybe not quite as tall as where you have it right now.

Where you at on the coil spring adjusters curiously?

I didn’t take any side profile pics. It was down some.

I’ve got almost everything to make the kit I used on my XC70, which is lifted, but not as high as the VR, including the front springs. The rear springs were stock XC70 springs.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I didn’t take any side profile pics. It was down some.

I’ve got almost everything to make the kit I used on my XC70, which is lifted, but not as high as the VR, including the front springs. The rear springs were stock XC70 springs.

Yes! That looks about ideal.

So this is spacers only in the rear with stock nivos and helper springs? DIY coilovers up front?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Yes! That looks about ideal.

So this is spacers only in the rear with stock nivos and helper springs? DIY coilovers up front?

DIY coilovers in the front with top spacers. Upper and lower spring spacers in the rear and move the nivomats to the top of the control arm.

·
Registered
15,767 Posts
That's sick. I think I had about 10.5 on the truck with 31x10.5s. Well done! Manualize this and I'm sold.
I need to tuck the exhaust up a bit and I’ll have around 11” of ground clearance (before I add skid plates).

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
After driving the lifted V70R for a while and being too busy to work on my own projects for a while, I’m taking the next step. Roof rack time!

For the design, I wanted to drop the front lower bar down closer to the windshield so when I add lights it’s not silly tall. Like most things, I started in CAD. One thing I was a little concerned with was that the euro rails actually get narrower towards the back, but I want the rack to have parallel sides.

So, I broke out the tube bender and got to work.

Then I tried setting it on the euro rails and my initial plan was to make some adapters, but they curve so much it just wasn’t looking right.

So I pulled the euro rails and started fabbing new mounts. I’m still waiting on some laser cut brackets for fog lights and the material I’m going to use for “decking”.

·
Registered
15,767 Posts
Super cool. Black like the wheels?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Wow, this is amazing! I am so enjoying following this project.

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

161 - 180 of 219 Posts