SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick introduction. Picking up a well-used 2004 S60R tomorrow. Drives well with a few issues to deal with but hopefully I can sort those out over time. Wish me luck.

Bruce

·
Registered
351 Posts
Good luck! Im hoping to pick mine up friday!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A quick update. I have finally had the time to check out the car more thoroughly. The alarm siren isn't working which seems to have affected the sunroof operation; the rear oxygen sensor needs replacing; the parking brake is not working; the 4C shocks have been replaced with standard items and a few interior parts are missing or broken including the console lid. This pretty much seems par for the course for a car of its age which has been through a couple of owners.

On the positive side the car starts and runs well, is only showing a couple of rear O2 sensor codes, the body is tight and rust-free, the tires, shocks and exhaust system are new and all the electronics work. I only paid about $4000 US for it so some problems were expected. When the weather warms I'll have a go at fixing the parking brake and sorting out the siren. I'll scour a local salvage yard for some of the interior bits or perhaps use this site where possible.

I have to say the car drives like a truck. Heavy steering, hard suspension and all around feeling of solidity. Kind of like my Ducati 900SS bevel so I guess I'm used to that sort of thing. Photos will follow when time and weather permit.

Bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts