SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SS community,

This is my first official post on here as an actual Volvo owner. I have a 2002 S60 2.4T FWD.
She's got 199,000 miles
Has a clean CarFax, and is mechanically sound...engine wise...
The previous owner for some reason didnt replace the brake pads and rotors....or tires...and i am in need of a 4 wheel alignment.
I consider these simple fixes because I'm inclined mechanically and so is my dad and a few others I know, so I wouldn't need a repair shop (except for the alignment)
I've also debadged the trunk...taken off the "S60" and just have "2.4T" and the "VOLVO" emblem..
So without further ado, take a look at Lola...

PS...two things....what is the rotor size?? I'm seeing lots of different ones and I'm not 100% sure...
And whats a good way to remove really, really old stickers? There is a little bit of a sticker left on the rear window, and on the trunk there is another old sticker.:)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
PS...two things....what is the rotor size?? I'm seeing lots of different ones and I'm not 100% sure...
And whats a good way to remove really, really old stickers? There is a little bit of a sticker left on the rear window, and on the trunk there is another old sticker.:)
for 2.4T front brake discs are 286mm, rears are 280

sticker on glass - just use a razor blade
sticker on paint - "goo gone" **the automotive paint safe version (NOT the household version)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for 2.4T front brake discs are 286mm, rears are 280

sticker on glass - just use a razor blade
sticker on paint - "goo gone" **the automotive paint safe version (NOT the household version)
Really? Just a razor blade? I'll give it a try!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Looks pretty clean for the mileage! Wish had the turbo model though :/ Wanna trade haha

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
You seem to have some awesome upgrades, but Lola will be staying with me for a while ;):D
Fair enough Get the little things taken care of and then get her to Stage 0. Then its time for a tune, exhaust, etc

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
For my tastes, the 2 things I'd update on the early S60 are the headlight wiper deletes and the door mirrors with the blinker lights from the later models. Some folks like the matching trim paint to the body but the black on white looks fine to me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For my tastes, the 2 things I'd update on the early S60 are the headlight wiper deletes and the door mirrors with the blinker lights from the later models. Some folks like the matching trim paint to the body but the black on white looks fine to me.
I love the awkward headlight wipers haha. I would like to have the door mirrors with the turn signals though. Chrome mirror caps also

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another MD person welcome! Looks great. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After the necessary things, I plan to take care of tinting the windows, and getting roof racks and maybe LED light conversions....few months down the line though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts